Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411658 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 09:13:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall✧Clocktower Studios✧ Looking for Team Members for an Upcoming Immersive (VR)MMO
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ✧Clocktower Studios✧ Looking for Team Members for an Upcoming Immersive (VR)MMO  (Read 704 times)
Artemis Acedia
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2014, 02:19:08 PM »

Preface:
   Hi! I’m Artemis Acedia, team leader of the newly formed Team Clocktower. We are a group of driven and creative minds who strive to achieve something bigger with video games. Personally, I have been working with small modding and game design groups, and they have always ended up by dissolving or the members disappearing. I want to create a team of people who truly want to work hard to see an amazing and completed goal. I am still somewhat new to the entire video game industry, but don’t let that fool you. I work hard to get what I can done, and I am always learning as I go along. I’m looking for people who are equally driven, creative, and open minded to join my team. Experience is certainly a plus, as the more experience you can bring to our newly created team, the better off we are. If you have any questions, just contact me on Skype. My Skype Name is at the bottom of this post.

The Idea:
   Aversus is a planned to be highly immersive and a highly realistic mmorpg, with an overworldly and magical touch. The game is set in a parallel dimension, where pieces of the real world (our real world), are taken and given new life. In that world, dreams and ideas are set free. The people there do not know that they are merely in a mirror image world of their real home, and thus, they are completely blind to the things around them. However, you, the player, are a chosen. You have the ability to pull from the mystical forces around you and use your strength to maximum efficiency. You are also able to leave the world and travel to other worlds, using your influence to change the paths of history. These, in turn, will reflect upon the real world. The game is meant to appeal to as many age groups and interest groups as possible, and as such we are looking for creative and devoted people.

The Gameplay:
   The gameplay in Aversus is still a work in progress. As such, I do not want to give too much away to people who are not in our group. However, our skill and battle system is planned to be action packed and very dynamic. No more just mashing the same buttons over and over. There will be real movement and real cinematic combos.It will take player skill to play the game, but is also easy to learn from the beginning for players who are just starting to play the game.

Our Plan:
   We plan to start working on the framework of the game as soon as possible. Of course, we are in a high demand of programmers for this. Once we get the framework of the game completed, our content creation team will start hard at working, cranking out high quality items and environments as per our design team. As of right now, we have no date set in stone for when we want to release this game to the public, but if we get enough support through the internet, we are planning to allow beta players in to help live test and fine-tune our game to the best it can become.

Platform: PC
Audience: Teen +
Team Name: Team Clocktower
Engine: Unreal Engine 3 (Currently using the UDK. Will upgrade to UE4 in the near future?)
Estimated Release Date: TBA

What We Are Looking For:
   We are looking for people who are very driven, have great ideas that they wish to share, and are very open-minded! This is supposed to be a game that has its stories based upon the real world, and as such, it will talk about many controversial topics and address them in a smart, but very fun and entertaining way. As for positions and what our specifics we are in these positions are..

Designers; An experienced designer and promotional manager to help get our newly formed group off the ground would be greatly appreciated.

Programmers; Since we are using the UDK, which is based upon C++ and Java, programmers who have experience with those two languages (or possibly UnrealScript itself) are a must.

Traditional/Concept Artists; We actually have no traditional artists in the team currently! We need some people with a strong grasp of realism and anatomy, and are also flexible in their style. They will be working closely with our Designers to bring environments and characters to life.

Level designers; We want to start creating our multitude of worlds that will be necessary for playing out our story. Maps are planned to be very unique, interactive, and have many functions, while looking beautiful as well.

3D Artists/Animators; We plan to have an extensive environmental and item database. We can never have too many 3D artists, as our game is something that is ever-changing and growing.

Why You Should Work With Us:
   We are a driven team that is very active on Skype. While we are not the most experienced team, we have a lot of motivation and original ideas, as well as being very open-minded. We want to make this game something that people will enjoy playing and we wish to take in the ideas and experience of as many people as we can.

Contact Us:
   We are on Skype almost 24/7, trying to increase the progress of the game as much as possible. You can add me and I will try to answer any questions you may have the best of my ability. If I don’t respond within an hour or so, it is probably nighttime here, and I should respond within 6 hours maximum. You can try to PM me here, but I do not check my messages all that frequently.

Note: Recommended to be at least 16 years of age and have a lot of time for active Skype chats and active development. Must be able to work flexibly and on the fly, as we are without a strict schedule at the moment.

My Skype Name: dyingofthelight
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 05:16:35 PM »

UDK is Java? When did that happen!
On the topic, currrently , how much are you guys? Got any artists or programmers already aboard?
Also, This is pretty big of a project for a newbie to the industry, what are your talents?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic