Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411608 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58446 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 09, 2024, 04:08:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessIdea for a Company/Website Name
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Idea for a Company/Website Name  (Read 1195 times)
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« on: December 07, 2011, 09:12:05 PM »

"Digital Dessert"

I like the alliteration, and it has a positive connotation. Doesn't look like the name's currently being used for anything. Should I use it? Smiley

SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 09:16:42 PM »

Personally, I think "Digital Desert" sounds cooler, even if it doesn't have as positive a connotation...  Big Laff

I suck at this, I spent forever trying to think of a name and eventually decided to go with Clangbolt, though I'm still not happy with it and will probably change it again...

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 10:08:48 PM »

Aw, I like Clangbolt. Smiley It has a weighty sound.

Leroy Binks
Level 0

Team Lead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 07:34:21 AM »

Think of how the typical gamer would receive your name and is it easily rememberable.  Then think about how it would look in a logo to be visually recognizable.  Tackle those two hurdles when selecting a name and I think you should have something you can be proud of.

(BTW, everyone will consistently misspell DESSERT DESERT which would make finding you in a search engine difficult.)

There are plenty of pixelated programmers pounding out products of peculiar playability at a prolific pace with purported profits.

This reply has been brought to you today by the letter "P"
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 12:58:25 PM »

Think of how the typical gamer would receive your name and is it easily rememberable.  Then think about how it would look in a logo to be visually recognizable.  Tackle those two hurdles when selecting a name and I think you should have something you can be proud of.
I think it will pass both of those tests.

(BTW, everyone will consistently misspell DESSERT DESERT which would make finding you in a search engine difficult.)
I thought of that, too. It should be obvious that it's misspelled once you see the results, though.

BrandonQ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 04:01:13 AM »

I think Digital Dessert is great. Using alliteration helps people to remember you and your companies name along with its games. I can see it being really catchy.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic