Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411582 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 10:39:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosUnique orchestral music for games, films, and more!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Unique orchestral music for games, films, and more!  (Read 641 times)
Samulis
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« on: July 22, 2013, 11:11:39 AM »

Good day, all!  Gentleman

Looking for a unique orchestral score for your game or film? Interested in something that will set your game apart from the rest? Well then, read on, dear boy!

Unlike many other composers for games, my skills and style is derived mainly from observing traditional orchestral practices. I can promise you orchestral music that isn't just some string sounds thrown on an electro melody, but organic, flowing, and rich music inspired by great composers of musical history- everything from medieval to avant garde. I create music that is idiomatic of the orchestra, not orchestral music forced to sound like other genres, and you will notice the difference!

When I write music for a game, I don't just make up a piece willy nilly, no sir! I try to reach out and understand the complex emotions and moods of each level and imbue the music with exactly what emotions you need to bring out the best parts of the game. I have spent the last few years honing my ability to create emotion using the palette of the orchestra- on Newgrounds, for instance, I have participated in and placed in many game music-related audio contests, including making it into the preliminary round of the prestigious Newgrounds Audio Deathmatch for two years in a row.

As far as knowledge of game audio goes, I've written guides on the subject and composed original music for a number of games and films across the web (see below).

Some examples of my music in use:
  • Goin' Mental (original score & custom sound effects)
  • Homophones (pre-existing music)
  • Art of War: Omaha (from Asvegren, the creator of Flash classics such as Prince of War and Battle for Gondor- Original score and supplementary sound effects)

Feel free to drop me a line or add me on Skype (lord-samulis) if you are interested in what I have to offer your game or film. Also feel free to check out my studio website, which is the central hub for a number of very talented composers on Newgrounds, or check out my audio listings to hear some of my more than 150 original works.

As always, Keep compos(ed/ing)!
-Sam "Samulis" Gossner

Veteran composer specializing in unique orchestral music for games.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic