Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 09:16:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessTrying to get games the recognition they deserve
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Trying to get games the recognition they deserve  (Read 823 times)
crstngz
« on: April 18, 2013, 01:25:32 PM »

[edit]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 10:45:03 AM by crstngz » Logged
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 02:07:13 PM »

You might want to provide a clear definition of what you think is "quality".

Or say clearly that it's your own point of view or something (meaning you want to have an editorial action, like a label?)

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 02:31:17 PM »

Apparently "Quality" is a game with RPG Maker graphics .. D:
ClayB
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 02:00:59 PM »

Only reason I'm posting here is because you emailed me about this site of yours saying you needed 200 emails of interested people for it to get off the ground. Weirdly specific number, anyhow, I just wanna address some issues in hopes of you taking what I say as helpful advice. I don't know very much about marketing yourself on the internet, but I know this much:

I really don't think many people are gonna take to the cold emailing, its spammy no matter how you swing it. Even though I like to think I'm a pretty trusting person, your site looks like a scam. All it says is GET OUR NEWSLETTER with no mention of what site I'm even on. A banner with some kind of site name would inspire a little more confidence. Some kind of coordinated site design in general would help. Right now I can't even trust the url, I'm sorry but in this day and age I think people are extra careful about nondescript indie game sites, let alone ones actually selling something.

Of course, I'm saying all this under the pretense of this not being a scam. I don't mean any offense but I have my suspicions. I think if you want to wipe away those suspicions, you should be mindful of what I said.
SterlingDee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 10:15:54 AM »

Your site is too bare-bones and cheap looking. And the game you are launching with is of questionable quality.

Motion Logic Studios
2D & 3D Art - AAA Experience, Indie-Friendly Prices
Feel free to email me or connect with me on twitter!
Pandara_RA!
Level 6

Maximum Friendship All Day

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 08:10:33 PM »

I don't understand how this site promotes indie games getting recognition? sounds like it just kinda sells games you enjoy. though I'd like to hear what you have in mind anyways

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic