Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411670 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 01:15:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMarvel vs Capcom 3
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39
Print
Author Topic: Marvel vs Capcom 3  (Read 93233 times)
Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #660 on: February 16, 2011, 02:23:23 PM »

Haggar's Lariat assist = Commando since they're both terrible on point and are the best keepaways in the game.

Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

Working on unannouned fighting game.

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 17, 2011, 06:17:37 PM »

I have to say i'm dissappoint in the number of characters to choose from, but I knew I would be from the start :/ I kinda wish they'd just taken an extra year to add more and more characters to choose from.

I want to see Jin and B.B hood in 3D. Jin having all his clothes fly off and rubbing his back with a tower towel, and throwing people into his mech's fist. B.B Hood's army of grunts shooting someone in the face.

No Megaman in any shape or form is really appalling, as is the lack of charlie or guile or Dan.

I thought it would have been cool to recreate the ultra-combo screen effect from MVC 1 in polygons. That always looked awesome.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 06:24:25 PM by Trevor Dunbar » Logged

Toucantastic.
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 17, 2011, 08:33:24 PM »

wouldnt Machine Man be a better choice from nextwave Sorano?

Captain Commando is the captain of my heart or something
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 17, 2011, 08:49:34 PM »

Shuma Gorath, several DLC outfits, and to a lesser extent Jill are already in the disc. Not surprising or anything, but ugh, it still pisses me off that they are allowed to do this.
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 17, 2011, 08:55:03 PM »

if we got anyone from nextwave i would be orgasming all over the place

FUCKING ORGASMING EVERYWHERE

Lo
Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

Working on unannouned fighting game.

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 17, 2011, 09:27:01 PM »

Shuma Gorath, several DLC outfits, and to a lesser extent Jill are already in the disc. Not surprising or anything, but ugh, it still pisses me off that they are allowed to do this.
That's mildly infuriating considering I would actually use Shuma most of the time. What's with my favorite picks getting bent over, I.E: Frank West, Gene from Godhand, BBHood, Gorath. I call laziness card or the greedy card.

Does anyone have any tips for getting the game to recognize the dragon punch motion using a xbox 360 controller? Sad (Left to Down to left-down)
It's kinda time-critical trying to pull this off with Tron and Akuma and I cant do this half the time with the stupid stupid xbox360 controller.
I'm looking into buying a Neogeo gamepad or some type of SNES-type gamepad or a Marvel gamepad.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:34:54 PM by Trevor Dunbar » Logged

Toucantastic.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #666 on: February 18, 2011, 03:15:52 AM »

Does anyone have any tips for getting the game to recognize the dragon punch motion using a xbox 360 controller? Sad (Left to Down to left-down)
It's kinda time-critical trying to pull this off with Tron and Akuma and I cant do this half the time with the stupid stupid xbox360 controller.
I'm looking into buying a Neogeo gamepad or some type of SNES-type gamepad or a Marvel gamepad.

Just get one of these puppies, and be done with it:

There are cheaper ones to be found, but Madcatz really did come good with this range.  I love my 2xSFIV TE sticks!

Sorano
Level 6

Game Designer / Double Stallion Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #667 on: February 18, 2011, 05:37:07 AM »

if we got anyone from nextwave i would be orgasming all over the place

FUCKING ORGASMING EVERYWHERE

Machine Man, man!

Aaron Stack would be a perfect character for MvC.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #668 on: February 18, 2011, 10:38:01 AM »

So my roomie got this game, finally started playing it.

Holy fucking shit Sentinel is RIDICULOUSLY POWERFUL.
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 18, 2011, 11:53:35 AM »

So my roomie got this game, finally started playing it.

Holy fucking shit Sentinel is RIDICULOUSLY POWERFUL.

This was my impression just watching youtube vids.. he is huge, hits hard, and isn't particularly slow. Not sure what's going on there.

Well whatever I am a casual gamer so my opinion is irrelevant as I will never reach 'the level of play where it matters' or whatever BS is supposed to invalidate the money I would pay for such a game.
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #670 on: February 18, 2011, 12:05:31 PM »

What exactly is the difference between them including it on the disc, and them leaving it off the disc and letting you download it again?

DLC is often worked on by developers before the game ships, and it isn't part of the game's main development budget. 

twitter: @docky
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 18, 2011, 12:52:28 PM »

I feel like it could have been non-DLC, if it's already in the disc. There are games with more (and more complex) characters that don't need to be bought, I just personally despise this kind of DLC. And then they support the competitive community because they know they have to buy all the characters for every console in a tournament. Ugh.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #672 on: February 18, 2011, 12:54:07 PM »

Jill is unplayable on the disc. Shuma-Gorath is playable, but he is missing voiceovers. The outfits are also not complete. So it's not entirely true to say that the DLC is "already on the disc." Some of it is, but it's missing core components.
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 18, 2011, 01:53:37 PM »

[Shuma-Gorath]plays very similar to before but with some new tools to fit in with the MvC 3 roster. All his resources on the disc such as model, animation, textures, and audio are all present. He is essentially a complete character.

Still, even if they're somewhat incomplete, they could have delayed it a bit and put them on the disc. But they want to charge for costumes and characters, while other fighters feature huge rosters of customizable characters. Again, this is only my opinion, but I seriously dislike this kind of DLC.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 02:06:26 PM by Rm88 » Logged
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 19, 2011, 07:13:25 AM »

That's mildly infuriating considering I would actually use Shuma most of the time. What's with my favorite picks getting bent over, I.E: Frank West, Gene from Godhand, BBHood, Gorath. I call laziness card or the greedy card.

frank west is anything but confirmed (along with Doc Oc for all his two fans)
gene is probably in the top 7 of characters being voted for dlc
nobody gives a shit about bb hood
shuma gorath is a dlc

apparently these are the times
dlc characters for console games

weird times. but having them all would mean we'd be playing later wouldn't it?
Kramlack
« Reply #675 on: February 19, 2011, 07:25:25 AM »

I feel that DLC should be worked on after the release of a game, not before. Locking out content that would normally be available is greedy, plain and simple. To be clear, I'm not saying it's a bad business move, by all means, it's probably fantastic for Capcom (or they wouldn't keep doing it), but it's still shitty for the consumer. With titles this big though, what does it matter, everyone will buy it anyway, just like those laughable $15 map packs on Call of Duty or whatever.
BoxedLunch
« Reply #676 on: February 19, 2011, 03:49:20 PM »

again i have proven that i am not made for playing fighting games. Droop
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 19, 2011, 03:53:14 PM »

Yeah I hate that. I actually really want to buy this game, but I know I'll suck horribly at it and be so frustrated that it'll end up collecting dust on a shelf after a short while. I own a number of fighting games I've never really  played.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #678 on: February 19, 2011, 03:54:32 PM »

Yeah I hate that. I actually really want to buy this game, but I know I'll suck horribly at it and be so frustrated that it'll end up collecting dust on a shelf after a short while. I own a number of fighting games I've never really  played.

MvC3 is actually one of the more casual, accessible fighting games I have played. I'd go so far to say that it is THE most casual and accessible fighting game. You'll be doing kickass combos in no time.
Sorano
Level 6

Game Designer / Double Stallion Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #679 on: February 19, 2011, 03:59:31 PM »

More than the Super Smash Bros.?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic