Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411594 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 12:35:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallMy game about Sustainable energy use ... and ZOMBIES
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My game about Sustainable energy use ... and ZOMBIES  (Read 2163 times)
larsiusprime
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: February 24, 2009, 08:21:55 PM »

Hey guys! Been a lurker for most of my time on TIGSource, but I finally have a game I think is actually pretty good and I would really like to know what you guys think about it.

It's called, "Super Energy Apocalypse : RECYCLED" and it's about sustainable energy use... and ZOMBIES.

Screen shot:

Here's the linky:
http://www.brainjuicegames.com/games.html

I like Flash tower defense games, but wanted to kind of up the ante a bit by taking them in the full-fledged RTS direction. I find it annoying in RTS games where you have to focus on your economy and fighting at the same time, so here I split them up: during the day, you build up your base, and at night, you fight the zombies!

Then, I put in a fun little feedback loop: you need resources and energy to kill the zombies, but if you're not careful, you'll produce pollution in various forms (smog, garbage, nuclear waste), which are tasty zombie snacks that will make your enemies just get stronger, so you have to find a way to have enough of an economy to survive without shooting yourself in the foot at the same time.

Jay is games wrote a review about it, but I've made some updates and changes since then Smiley
http://jayisgames.com/archives/2009/01/super_energy_apocalypse_recycled.php

I have three difficulty modes: Super Easy, Super Hard, and Super Normal.

The game has two parts to it:
Campaign Mode(recommended if you've never played before)
Sandbox Mode (do whatever you want, mess with the variables, etc, and has 5 special challenges if the campaign isn't enough for you!)

I really love TIGsource! You guys are like rock stars but for video games. I really want to know what you guys think, so don't pull any punches. Also, my roommate's a musician so he recorded a theme song for the game as a reward for beating it, I'd like to know what you think of that, too.

Another screen shot:

Nostrils!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic