Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 01:39:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsLudum Dare 27 — Coming August 23rd-26th
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Print
Author Topic: Ludum Dare 27 — Coming August 23rd-26th  (Read 29331 times)
bitserum
« Reply #180 on: August 26, 2013, 03:18:41 PM »

Oh damn I'll have to play a lot of games during the next few days! Smiley

Here's my entry

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-27/?action=preview&uid=24347
GeorgeBroussard
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 26, 2013, 03:37:50 PM »

Hey guys.

Here's a link to my LD27 game, ROBOT PLANET. Hope you enjoy it. LD is a ton of fun to participate in.

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-27/?action=preview&uid=8631

Leave a comment on my game in the thread and rate it and I'll be sure to do the same!

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 03:43:08 PM by GeorgeBroussard » Logged
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 26, 2013, 03:49:53 PM »

Wow, I've gotten a lot of positive feedback already!  Tears of Joy
I can't wait for the next Ludum Dare!

DantronLesotho
Level 2

Video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: August 26, 2013, 04:52:43 PM »

LOL George Broussard commenting in here is warping my teenage years back in time; been a big fan for a long time! Unity games don't like my computer it seems, but I'm sure your game is great!
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 26, 2013, 08:40:11 PM »

I uploaded a web version for Cave Astronaut  Coffee:
http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-27/?action=preview&uid=26474  
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 08:45:53 AM by Slader16 » Logged

ekun
Level 1

caffeen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: August 26, 2013, 09:59:03 PM »

Finally Done :')

DiscoFish
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: August 27, 2013, 01:56:32 AM »

I did it! It was awesome!

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: August 27, 2013, 03:03:44 AM »

My entry is Steven Seagal:  Hard to SWAT http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-27/?action=preview&uid=10234  or video

« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 03:32:30 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

sublinimal
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 27, 2013, 03:10:03 AM »

Maximilian Lambda Caster! A challenging and mind-bending bullet hell where you use enemies as lambda functions.
marineta
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: August 27, 2013, 03:46:37 AM »

I'm going to play a lot of games these days Smiley

Here's our entry for the jam: http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-27/?action=preview&uid=11045

Bytegrove
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2013, 04:32:29 AM »

This Ludum Dare was tons of fun! Kiss
I've already gotten some great constructive feedback.
Here's the entry page if you want to try my game:
http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-27/?action=preview&uid=11939

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2013, 06:34:18 AM »

My first time to take part in Ludum Dare. I made a very simple game about a master car thief, 'Gone in 10 Seconds.' Thanks to Nicolas Cage for all his spiritual guidance on this one.

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-27/?action=preview&uid=21166
Best writing in the competition so far.
TheHermit
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2013, 10:56:37 AM »

Oh, oh, I think you already played mine but I want a video so you should play it again and make me a video. (I made Boxer's Seconds.)

I remember playing Boxer's Seconds. It jumped out at me as having a very different appearance than most of the other games - lots of text content.

I kind of wish I could have drawn little threads between sub-statements on each of the cards though, so I could eventually build up the map of 'who is going to be incompatible with who' rather than trying to do it outside the game.

Urban Hermit Games

Games: Travelogue, Rebound Recon, Heat Sink
ChevyRay
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 27, 2013, 11:05:26 AM »

Antidote - My LD27 jam entry. Worked with a few other good folks, had a lot of fun. Smiley

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: August 27, 2013, 11:23:44 AM »

Wow, seeing a lot of awesome entries. Congratulations everyone!  Beer!

DantronLesotho
Level 2

Video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: August 27, 2013, 11:33:11 AM »

My first time to take part in Ludum Dare. I made a very simple game about a master car thief, 'Gone in 10 Seconds.' Thanks to Nicolas Cage for all his spiritual guidance on this one.

Agreed. I thought it was excellent and the ending capped it off perfectly. It only could have been better with a midi of Journey's "Any Way You Want It".
Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: August 27, 2013, 02:10:32 PM »

Agreed. I thought it was excellent and the ending capped it off perfectly. It only could have been better with a midi of Journey's "Any Way You Want It".

Cheers both! And yeah - that is the absolute perfect song choice! If I do a post-comp version, that's going in for sure.   Smiley Hand Metal Left

Tifu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: August 27, 2013, 06:11:21 PM »

Just found a massive bug in my entry that was causing slowdown for many people, caused by one stupid line of code! I was drawing shadows over every tile on the map instead of just the ones that were on screen, guh  Facepalm

Uploaded a fixed version now though. I think that's ok in the rules, but I've left the buggy version up too just in case.

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 27, 2013, 06:34:10 PM »

Just found a massive bug in my entry that was causing slowdown for many people, caused by one stupid line of code! I was drawing shadows over every tile on the map instead of just the ones that were on screen, guh  Facepalm

Uploaded a fixed version now though. I think that's ok in the rules, but I've left the buggy version up too just in case.
I think that you're fine to upload fix updates, at least I hope so  (because I've uploaded 3 updates so far Giggle)

VDZ
Level 4

My post is there read that instead ->

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: August 27, 2013, 09:05:54 PM »

Just found a massive bug in my entry that was causing slowdown for many people, caused by one stupid line of code! I was drawing shadows over every tile on the map instead of just the ones that were on screen, guh  Facepalm

I think that you're fine to upload fix updates, at least I hope so  (because I've uploaded 3 updates so far Giggle)

Every Ludum Dare entry page shows the rules on post-compo fixes:

MY GAME CRASHES, IS UNBEATABLE, OR I MADE A TYPO: We allow you to fix crash or win condition bugs after the deadline (in a sense, like “porting” to support more players). We also allow “typo” bugs. I.e. A true that should have been a false, a word that should have been a different word, very tiny changes that you would have caught if you had more sleep. We leave this open to interpretation, but generally speaking your game should be identical to the game you submitted. No new features, just things you messed up last minute. Typos.

Whether or not you're allowed to fix it depends on the severity of the problem and the amount of code affected.

A clear example of a bug that's allowed to be fixed is a bug I had in my previous LD entry, World of Minimalism: you could make a tile solid by checking the 'solid' box, but unchecking the box didn't make the tile non-solid again. This would lead to someone inevitably making the starting tile solid (ended up happening a couple times) and players not being able to fix it, making it impossible to even move. Tiny amount of code, game-breaking effect.

An example of a bug you're not allowed to fix is the major bug in my current LD entry where you get stuck in the floor occasionally (until you jump or move in the other direction). It's very annoying, but the game is perfectly playable. It took some serious debugging to find out when exactly the bug occurs (not entirely sure about the REASON the bug occurs), and the easiest fix (which I ended up using for the post-LD version) was to write some code to check for the condition that would trigger the bug and escaping that condition (the bug only triggers exactly on the border of tiles, so I just move the player's X position by 1). (The 'proper fix' would be to just rewrite my shitty physics code.)

It took significant effort to resolve an issue that made the game less fun. I would've fixed it during LD if I had the time, but unfortunately, I didn't - shit happens, that's how LD works. My entry is judged by what I did in 48 hours, not by what I did in 48 hours and then another day for fixing stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic