Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411558 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 10:17:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBeam Me
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Beam Me  (Read 346 times)
itsnemo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 01, 2016, 04:03:21 AM »

About
Beam me is a mobile arcade game.

The goal of Beam me is to control an alien spaceship which revolves around a planet while beaming up fallen alien soldiers and avoiding contact with any incoming hazards. The game has different planets to explore, each planet having their own unique objectives, hazards and challenges. The first planet that players will encounter is Earth which follows a small storyline.

Story
Beam Me is somewhat of a re-imagination of the game Space Invaders. It takes place after the invasion in 1978. Earth has successfully fought off the invasion causing the aliens to retreat to their homeland. Years have passed and the aliens are back. Except you are no longer playing as a human defending planet Earth, instead you play as the alien. No longer is it an invasion but a rescue mission to retrieve those that were left behind in the great Space Invasion.

Gameplay

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not too sure on how to get a gif up as of yet but I'll soon find out :D. For now sorry about the links
http://puu.sh/nqPNK/7d664f29bc.gif
http://puu.sh/nqPLX/98203343ef.gif

About me and the project
Hello! My name is Daum, I've been studying and developing games for at least 5 years. Over the 5 years, I have come to appreciate programming in C# and developing 2D pixel art. I started this project at the start of this year to get myself familiar with the processes required to get a game onto the mobile market. I thought a simple game like Beam Me would help me achieve that. The game is relatively small scoped but with possibilities to build upon if needed. The current build is just a prototype and I still have a few more features ahead of me.

Features in the works
Game Artwork and Effects - Revamp 2d Pixel art. Currently I find it hard to visually identify what the objective is and what hazards are.
Online High Score - Allow players to compete and upload their high score onto a global board.
Ship Customization - Allowing players to personalize their ships size -> big the slower, smaller the faster it moves, abilities -> different types of abilities. This will not only be aesthetics purposes but will allow players to have different strategies for different planets to obtain more points.
Different Planets - Currently the game only has one playable planet which is planet Earth. I want to add additional ones which bring in different game mechanics.

Hope you guys keep in touch with my dev-blog. Any recommendations would be awesome and much appreciated!

Links
If you want to know more about me check out ItsDaum.com
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 11:47:58 PM by itsnemo » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic