Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411712 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 02:58:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesPS Vita
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: PS Vita  (Read 32030 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2012, 04:47:13 PM »

shinobido is pretty much tenchu in all but name, gameplay-wise. acquire doesn't own the rights to tenchu anymore so shinobido is their way of circumventing copyright issues.

never played wrath of heaven but i DID play time of the assassins which was a psp game and also developed by k2. to put it mildly it fucking sucked.
Will Vale
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2012, 08:00:09 PM »

Another good one: Vanillaware's latest is going to be on Vita as well as PS3 apparently:

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2012, 08:40:05 PM »

Those character designs.  Facepalm

Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

Working on unannouned fighting game.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2012, 09:34:55 PM »

I would consider getting one of these if FromSoftware made an Eternal Ring/Dark Souls/King's Feild type game for it.

Also- Where are some classic turn-based or otherwise RPG games for this thing?

Also- WTF is up with the MEMORY SH'TICKS for this thing? Did I just get warped back to 2001?
Compare:
Normal 32 Gb SD card: $30.

Vita 32 GB memory 'shtick'/card: $100. ONE hundred DOLLARS.

$100 is enough to get two normal games + Stardust(or something) for this thing. ARGHHH.
AND half the games you get for the Vita won't start until you have one? Dear god.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 09:52:01 PM by Trevor Dunbar » Logged

Toucantastic.
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2012, 10:18:43 PM »

AND half the games you get for the Vita won't start until you have one? Dear god.

Well, from the sound of it, a smaller memory card should be adequate for basic game saves. And if you are in the U.S., you can get a free 4GB stick if you purchase the Vita at Target. But yes, the cost of the proprietary memory cards is more than a little bit exorbitant. Partially, its an attempt to limit piracy on the system, and partially an attempt to appease retail stores.
Ivsucram
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2012, 12:04:10 AM »

I bought my with a Value Pack (come with 4GB)

At the beginning I was thinking that 4Gb was enough, but when I entered in the PS Store, I saw some demos and games with more than 1GB, so for sure it will be not enough (only, maybe, if you wanna survive only with physical games).

I bought with Uncharted (Pretty and fun) and Army Corps of Hell (is repetitious but very fun, is the kind of game that you wanna play more and more to break up your last records and complete eat stage faster and faster).

I am looking for Superstar Dust Delta (9,99 on PS Store, and we the bundle option for 14,99), but only in the future. I have to many games (3DS and Vita) to play until there and to many things to do also.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2012, 06:23:24 AM »

and partially an attempt to appease retail stores.
ya i think retail is what's holding them back. remember when sony tried to switch to a download-only platform with the psp go and retailers boycotted it? from the way theyre handling digital distribution and 3g support and what not its pretty clear that they want to establish the vita as a "premium" alternative to smartphone gaming. which is a nice idea but probably isn't going to work if they keep being bullied into compromises like that. this may sound harsh but personally i think digital distribution is the future and the sooner the "brick and mortar" dinosaurs go extinct, the better.
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2012, 07:59:16 AM »

I agree that digital distribution is the future but its disappointing to think that you'd need to buy so many memory sticks to hold all your games! what if Sony stopped distributing them, how would you redownload a game you own!!

maybe if they priced those memory sticks reasonably or put a frickin' hard drive on that vita but when have console manufacturers ever affordable peripherals!!
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2012, 08:06:44 AM »

I agree that digital distribution is the future but its disappointing to think that you'd need to buy so many memory sticks to hold all your games! what if Sony stopped distributing them, how would you redownload a game you own!!

As I understand it, the current policy for PSN is that you can re-download your purchased software as many times as you please. As to what happens if PSN goes down permanently? Well, it would be the same as with any other digital-only service...you're pretty much screwed. That's the one case where having physical copies actually makes sense.

Since you can re-download as often as you please, you could still make do with a dinky 4GB card for most games. Just don't expect to be rolling around with more than 2-3 games in your Vita at a time.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2012, 08:25:45 AM »

maybe if they priced those memory sticks reasonably or put a frickin' hard drive on that vita but when have console manufacturers ever affordable peripherals!!
but then retailers would boycott the vita just like they did with the psp go.
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2012, 08:42:04 AM »

hm? I don't really see the difference, psp go had memory sticks too and pro duos never were that cheap for how much memory was in them
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2012, 10:46:59 AM »

but then retailers would boycott the vita just like they did with the psp go.

Or they would insist that the core price for the Vita be much, much higher...again, like the PSP Go.
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2012, 12:13:27 PM »

I know digital distribution is the future, but in the meantime I'll enjoy the last years of boxart, instruction booklets and physical media, which is something I enjoy.

Still, I'm sure retail Vita games will be absurdly overpriced here in Mexico, so I may reconsider Concerned
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2012, 01:45:00 PM »

I know digital distribution is the future, but in the meantime I'll enjoy the last years of boxart, instruction booklets and physical media, which is something I enjoy.
My guess is that stuff will keep existing as a "collector" type thing for people who are into that, kinda like what vinyl records are now.  Smiley

Anyway, got Katamari from PSN for 20 Euros today. It's fun (and sometimes funny) but it's almost exactly the same gam we played on the PS2 8 years ago. I kinda feel like Katamari shouldn't have become a franchise.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2012, 01:46:02 PM »

I think they should have stopped after We <3 Katamari, personally.

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2012, 01:58:52 PM »

I think they should have stopped after We <3 Katamari, personally.
This. There are games that no matter how many sequels they have they are still fun. Katamari isn't one of them.

Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

Working on unannouned fighting game.

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2012, 08:17:31 PM »

My guess is that stuff will keep existing as a "collector" type thing for people who are into that, kinda like what vinyl records are now.  Smiley

Anyway, got Katamari from PSN for 20 Euros today. It's fun (and sometimes funny) but it's almost exactly the same gam we played on the PS2 8 years ago. I kinda feel like Katamari shouldn't have become a franchise.

My brother is a katamari fanatic, he was even considering buying a vita until I told him about the ridiculous memory card problem and how much everything together would cost overall.

Yes, he would have spent upwards $249+$40 just to play Touch My Katamari. The memory card completely broke the deal.

If Sony had included 32 gb of internal memory it would have sealed the deal- instead they just lose another sold unit.

It's really interesting how Sony loves to shoot itself in the proverbial foot- over and over again.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 08:23:51 PM by Trevor Dunbar » Logged

Toucantastic.
Uykered
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2012, 02:40:58 AM »

Does Loco Roco being for this?
Will Vale
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2012, 02:04:48 PM »

General Vita first impressions are good. Sexy hardware, screen and buttons. The UI isn't as "cool"-looking as the PS3 XMB but it's quite nice to use. There's lots of motion feedback on UI actions, things bounce and wibble and it feels lively. The PSN store is particularly good, as is the Flickr app.

I also like the fact that there are loads of demos to download - a much richer experience than the 3DS or PSP launches, to my mind. I sort-of regret buying Rayman for the PS3 since the Vita version looks lovely and it seems to suit the format.

On the games front I've played a bit of Uncharted, which is impressive and definitely an Uncharted game, and a *lot* of Shinobido, which is clunky and low tech and desperately morish. The controls seemed really twitchy at first, the camera is just OK, and the sound and voice acting is poor. But! It looks nice enough and lets you do awesome ninja stuff over and over again. It's also probably the first Japanese game I've played where I get 'S' ranks pretty often  Grin Grin

Will
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2012, 02:21:34 PM »

Played tons of Shinobido as well. Difficulty curve is kinda shallow but the challenge picks up once you get to fight other ninjas and bears. The "dynamic" campaign and the crafting system are nice touches too. In conclusion: an Acquire game through and through.  Wink

Now make Way of the Samurai for the Vita.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic