Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411604 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 03:29:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallEverEternal WinterWorld 2
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: EverEternal WinterWorld 2  (Read 2471 times)
vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« on: July 27, 2010, 03:06:16 AM »

Hey guys, this is a game I made in 2008 but never released because the composer for the project dropped off the face of the earth - it's pretty much done apart from that. It's a sequel to the original game form 2007, and I just thought I'd share it here if anyone even remembers the original.

It has an improved engine from the first game, which I think works pretty well... There might be some bugs left since we didn't get to test it enough. It has some unlockable character customisation and it's about 3 hours long give or take a bit. If it's running slow try changing some settings in the config application. If you have MMF2 and all the extensions this uses the source file is included, bit cryptic I imagine but anyway.

Obviously it's a Cavestory derivative, not claiming it's anything original just a game I wanted to make.

How to Play:

(By Default)

A - Jump
S - Shoot
W - Menu / Weapon Switcher

Down - Action
Arrows - Move and Aim

This can all be changed using config

PS; if it doesn't lauch, rename EEWW2.dat to <anything>.exe and run that instead, should work

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?e7814436fer19e5

Download the original game (if you like):

http://www.mediafire.com/?uunx0udaplghhd8

deathtotheweird
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 11:21:23 AM »

couldn't get past the first boss. extremely frustrated, quit immediately.
vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 01:06:38 PM »

Hm, I didn't think it was that hard... This guy made a video of himself playing; if anyone else can't beat it this might help...

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTkxNDYxNDI0.html

kelkka
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 02:49:30 AM »

well, i killed that thing with green shield. then i got gibbed by a worm. and i didnt want to play the boss again so i quit :/ the game was kinda gay but i guess the graphics and such were okay, it was smooth. and btw, wtf is up with the default keys, they suck, i know i could change them but what the hell. Coffee

its a well made game, im not saying you suck. wasnt that fun though imo.
Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 07:35:08 AM »

This is out?  Grin

The first was one of the first indie games I ever played, and I remember it fondly. I did wonder what ever happened to the sequel though, will be back later with impressions.

Fyren
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 11:47:29 AM »

This unfortunately does not work on my system.  Renaming EEWW2.dat and running that started the game, but when I pick a new slot to start on, it... acts weird.  The window went black and both of my monitors went oddly flickery, but after like 20 seconds it started.  Then, after the intro ended (I guess?), it happened again but didn't recover.  I had to use task manager to kill it.  I have an Athlon 64 3700, 2 gigs of RAM, an 8800 GT, and two monitors, if any of that is relevant.  I turned off all the effects in config and loaded again, but it didn't help.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic