Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411581 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 05:51:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallChamber
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Chamber  (Read 708 times)
Attila0413
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: November 14, 2011, 01:47:10 PM »

Hi there everyone  Smiley

I would like to show you Chamber, my first creation using Unity.

More than a game, it's a sort of playable nightmare. You wake up and find yourself in a creepy cell, and start to wander in this dark environment.

The game is very short, and more an exercise of style than a refined creation, as you will probably notice.

I thought it would be better to let the player play this little demo without any forced gameplay like "combine a torchlight with some powder to create a bomb and make the cellar door explode". Instead, I focused on the atmosphere.

Almost every 3D model has been created by myself using Blender (another new tool for me), while the audio background is by Maindrian from Newgrounds. I've used Javascript for the scripting part, even if actually there's very little scripting in it.

I recommend playing it in Full screen mode, with headphones.

You can download it in my personal dev-blog: http://www.attiliocarotenuto.com/

Comments and critics will be very appreciated!

Thank you Smiley

thedomaginarium
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 07:14:32 PM »

It was pretty cool. I liked the atmosphere even if I could barely see a thing Tongue
Eraser
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 09:16:15 PM »

Textures got kind of boring and the environment was quite square - doing some bump and normal maps might liven it up some. I think it'd be quite fun if you expanded this a lot more -- I'm a sucker for games like Amnesia, and even if you don't want to add common elements from that genre (ex: the bomb crafting you mention), exploring a big world like this with a storyline would still be fun for me.
Attila0413
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 03:29:45 AM »

Thank you for the nice comments! Smiley

My idea was indeed to guide the player through the dark using light points.

I surely want to create a bigger adventure soon, in the meanwhile I just wanted to craft a little game to test my skills and create a cool atmosphere. Smiley The bomb thing was not a critic to Amnesia, which is one of my favourite game and probably one of my main sources of inspiration.

Also, I wanted to have something cool to show before looking for other team members, since for a bigger game I would really need a 3d artist and a soundfx artist.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic