Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411582 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 01:20:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1955939 times)
azdak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7880 on: September 28, 2014, 02:43:12 PM »

Hi-
Pretty sure nobody reads these things, but I'm a freelance web developer based out of New Orleans. I've toyed with the idea of game development a bit over the last few years, and produced a few fairly elaborate prototypes (including an ill-fated game for the late, lamented Palm webOS), but after seeing the devlogs here and getting inspired, I'm planning on buckling down and making a stab at my first commercial release. Looking forward to chatting with and learning from yall!  Toast Left
Zyxt
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7881 on: September 29, 2014, 10:58:04 AM »

Howdy,

I'm Z from Serenity Forge, a small indie game dev team out of Boulder, Colorado. Always been a lurker, finally made an account. I'm a recent grad from CU Boulder with emphasis on finance, econ and math. Been doing art and programming my whole life and now I've dedicated myself to work on games full time with the little amount of savings I've had through working at previous internships.

Our team was inspired quite a lot by games like Bastion, Braid, Gone Home, Dear Esther, etc. We wish to create deep, meaningful experiences through the video game format.

The first game we released was "Loving Life" in 2012, a non-fictional artistic visual novel based on my personal near fatal illness at the age of 18, and what I learned from it.

Since then, we released "Luna's Wandering Stars," a puzzle game utilizing 100% real planetary physics as the game mechanics so that players can secretly learn physics while they're playing the game!

We now have a couple other games in development, such as The King's Bird, a precision platformer inspired by Journey and Dustforce, and also Pixel Galaxy, a bullet-hell shooter inspired by Super Hexagon. We were approved by Nintendo to port Pixel Galaxy onto the Wii U, but the dev kit is just so expensive. We may be launching a Kickstarter to help that out in the near future.

Glad to be officially a part of the discussions now!

Julien
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #7882 on: September 30, 2014, 04:27:58 AM »

Impressive work, congrats ! And Welcome !

greenstar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7883 on: September 30, 2014, 10:25:02 AM »

Hi there,

I heart games and like programming games and AI.  Probably a lot of the same ones you like but maybe not all.

may you never want for your beverage of choice,
greenstar
JulianGindi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7884 on: September 30, 2014, 10:38:19 AM »

Hello beautiful people -

Just joining this wonderful community now, after being an Indie game enthusiast for many years. I'm working on a puzzle/sandbox "universe-building" game right now called Planetary and plan on posting a bit more about that in the future. Here is a quick 'teaser' image a put together

I'm just here to meet other game developers and players. I look forward to getting to know you all!
DerangedMind
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7885 on: September 30, 2014, 12:56:57 PM »

Hey, everyone! I'm Riki!

I've been here for years now, but never actually gotten very involved in the community. I've been learning to make games for about... 2 or 3 years now? I'm a major lurker, but I think it's time that I really get myself involved here! I'm a geeky-wannabe-game-dev, dangit!  Grin

A little about me! I've been playing video games (like most of you) since I was around 5 or 6 years old. Some of the games from my childhood that really inspire me include Skullmonkeys, the Mega Man X series, Gauntlet Legends for the N64, Banjo Kazooie, DK64... I guess you could say I really loved the Playstation and Nintendo 64 era.  Wink

Contrary to some of my game choices, I am absolutely obsessed with pixel art. I find it one of the most incredible art styles and I would love, love, love to get in touch with a pixel artist and collab on some great games together!  Smiley

As much as I love pixel art, though, I'm a coder at heart. I love thinking about code and solving tough puzzles. I guess it's why I love making games! It's a game in itself to make the games!  Gentleman

My goals in game development are to create amazing, local co-op video games. One of my favourite things about video games is how they can bring people together in the real world and I really want to create games that people can truly enjoy together. None of that online stuff (that's great, too, though!!!!).

Well, I guess that's me! Hit me up if you want to chat about amazing art games, shoot the shit, or get cracking on a side project! I'd love to be able to work with some people and get things done!  Ninja
debugchicken
Level 1

Out of the sky, into the dirt.

View Profile
« Reply #7886 on: September 30, 2014, 06:09:04 PM »

Hello!

I've been trying to register for like, a month. I'm from Brazil and for some reason the confirmation email is not coming here. I solved the issue today using an US proxy.

I've been a game programmer for 7 years now, but always worked on projects for other people.

Inspired by pixel amaya, and finding no artist to work with, I decided to start a pixel art project this year.

here are some screens:

Tha game name is Borealis, I'll need help from the community testing and adjusting the game. Also I'll be glad to test other games.

Thanks.

Danilo.
OT
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7887 on: October 01, 2014, 04:17:35 AM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Oskar and i'm the lead designer (and one of the programmers) at Eat Create Sleep.

I started out with an interest for games as creative outlets at a young age. Once I got bored of a board game me and my family was playing I either updated the rules or made up my own boardgame from scratch. Once I got introduced to digital games this carried over; games with level editors found me spending more time on making levels than playing them, and games with easily accesible source code taught me that I could be the one directing the game experience. Back then my favorite games were Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines and Total Annihilation. I was really into strategy games, which I chalk up to the seemingly endless ways to achieve your goals.

One of my favorite games is Magic: The Gathering which I have been playing for about 7 years. One of the reasons why it has stuck with me for so long is how much creative expression is involved while designing your deck. Magic is a game which acknowledges this and also caters to it; it has given me the opportunity to become a player more interested in trying out strategies more off the beaten path and less interested in winning as fast as possible in a more generic way.

I think all this has led to what kind of games I like to make. During my game design education this affected my approach, as I wanted to try making more unique experiences that also could provide the players with the same creative outlet I so much appreciate. During the education Eat Create Sleep had it's humble beginnings when me and Martin made our first game Among Ripples, a lake ecosystem simulator to test the waters (pun intended) and after that we slowly started getting some traction. Currently we're working on the god game Crest for which Martin has already started a devlog for on here. He was feeling a bit lonely so I decided I should keep him company (and also share my point of view :D).

Well that's me. Props if you read through that whole wall of text!

gmicek
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7888 on: October 01, 2014, 09:12:47 AM »

Hi everyone!

I’m Greg.  I’ve been a longtime reader of TIGSource, and have lurked in the forums for some time, but figured I’d finally register.

I’ve been into indie games pretty heavily since 2000, and started an indie gaming news site back in 2002 called diygames.com that ran for a few years.  It eventually shut down because I was much less mature, kind of dumb, and had my life melt.  The last several years have been fantastic though, and I’m back into following indie games again; but with a much different view of them (I won’t bore you by going into philosophy here).

For the past year I and several others have been running a site called Cliqist that focuses exclusively on crowdfunded games.  Although some say that the Kickstarter golden years are in the past, I say that they have yet to begin and I’m really excited to see it evolve.

I’m here to keep an eye on games coming down the pipeline and to try and catch more titles and developers while they’re in their pre-campaign phases.  I also love to talk about crowdfunding, so if you’d like to discuss a specific campaign or concepts I’d love to talk your ear off.

I look forward to getting to know all of you better.  Thanks for reading.  Have a great day!

Greg Micek
Cliqist.com - Crowdfunded Gaming
Twitter Facebook
Berry
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7889 on: October 01, 2014, 09:16:31 AM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Berry and I'm a game technology student from Utrecht, The Netherlands.
I've been lurking on the TIGforums for more than 2 years now, so it's about time I registered.

I got into games when my father brought a nintendo 64 back home.
Ever since, I have been dreaming of becoming a game developer but I also have always had the feeling that it was just a dream and that I could never become one myself.
I thought being game developer wasn't a "real" job for "real" people.
But I was wrong. In my last year of high school I finally got into programming for the first time when creating a lego robot that could solve a Rubik's cube.
And then it clicked. I fell in love with programming and decided to finally chase my dreams. Now I'm almost done studying and hope to be a game engine programmer in a few years.

Favorite games: Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Chrono Trigger, Cave Story
Dalcubierre
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7890 on: October 01, 2014, 04:48:50 PM »

Hello everyone!
My name is Daniel and I'm an amateur developer of videogames. I do it in my free time, mostly just for fun. I have little idea of coding, so i try to use tools easy to beginners, but what i love the most is the art of the pixel, maybe because it remember me the first games i played in the 80's.

Some time ago i found a very friendly tool, the Arcade Game Studio (ARGS) developed by Bruno R. Marcos and i decided to try to give life to some little game.

Also i'm experimenting with videogames as a diffusion tool for my research in archaeology, using the Unity engine to create recreations of some archaeological places.

I hope to post here some of my advances in the videogame developing, so i can receive feedback and advices for the more experimented developers and players.
Greetings
dog199200
« Reply #7891 on: October 02, 2014, 07:46:38 AM »

Hello everyone!

I am not sure what to say, so I will start off by saying my name is Dwight. I am a computer programmer from Salem, Oregon, and I have been playing around in game design for a while now. I started learning how to do computer programming when I was around 12, and kind of been in and out of it since. I've bounce between pretty much every style of .NET language at some point, and have a lot of PHP/HTML behind my belt over the years. I have always loved playing videos games, and once I found that I could easily memorize programming I started making games. I started using simple things like GameMaker, and RPG Maker, but I eventually started using RealmCrafter. I used that for a long time, and got used to their blitz style programming, and even after they changed to C#. More recently I started using Unity, and really am looking to go professional. my ultimate goal is to put together a strong indie development team, and fully build into an indie development company. Other than that, I am not sure what else to say about myself, so I'd love to get to know people around here!

Thank you for your time,
Dwight~
hernanojuel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7892 on: October 02, 2014, 01:04:35 PM »

Hey everybody, I'm the new guy in town!

My name is Hernan Ojuel and I'm a professional video game programmer & designer, currently working in the Spanish industry.
I got into gaming thanks to my father, who brought home a Formula 1 for our Amstrad PC2286. That's when I discovered that PC video games existed, and I've been playing since then.
I mainly play narrative video games, such as graphical adventures or horror games (like the old Lucasarts games or the newer Deadly Premonition), but I also enjoy fast paced action games such as the Halo series.
I'm very much into the indie scene, I very much enjoy games likes the ones made by Team Meat, Jonathan Blow, Terry Cavanagh, Jason Rohrer or Phil Fish Gomez.

I'm currely working on different projects I'll be showing you in these forums.
If any of you wanna reach to me don't even doubt to e-mail me, tweet me, or whatever-made-up-verb-you-like me!

dimoniy
Level 0

Raging mage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7893 on: October 02, 2014, 09:43:50 PM »

Hello everyone!
My name is Dmitry aka Menchie Entertainment. I'm currently making my first game: Mage Rage CCG (http://mage-rage.com). I've been lurking the forums for several months and finally decided to register.
Everyone here is awesome, looking forward talking to you all!
Thrillion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7894 on: October 03, 2014, 01:53:38 AM »

Hello! My name is Rob Ollett and I run Thrillion which is a boutique PC/Mac game publisher based in the UK. We have been developing a 20 player PVP brawling game called Barbarian Brawl with our friends at Artplant in Norway. My background is as a publisher and creative lead in the games industry, I have 16 years experience and have launched games on most platforms. My partner is from South Korea and she has 14 years experience in games, mainly MMO. We are having a lot of fun making indie projects after the years of working in bigger games companies. If you want to check out Barbarian, go take a look via the links below. It's currently in greenlight so all votes always appreciated.

Steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=229806930

Indie DB: http://www.indiedb.com/members/barbarianbrawl

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BarbarianBrawlGame

Twitter: https://twitter.com/barbarianbrawl
Julien
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #7895 on: October 03, 2014, 02:01:58 AM »

Welcome, it seems like a nice project, with boobs, blood and muscles !

phyerboss
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7896 on: October 03, 2014, 02:52:46 AM »

Greetings Townfolk!

I am Mike Poole. The head guy over the small crew "Phyersoft"! Which is a small development team comprised of like-minded individuals who aim to bring in games that look to recreate the "look & feel" of titles from the 16bit era.

About myself...

Well, Im an older fella thats been into gaming since my ol' man 1st brought an Atari2600 home all the way back in '84! Some say it was Space Invaders that did it for them. Others claim "Pac Man". But for me, it was "Centipede". It was just to me so very different and interesting. So much to the point that I recall trying to recreate the game with my legos a lot^^

Fast Forward to the Nes/Master System era. Where games started showing more complexity and creativity. Me and a few friends used to make up our own game magazine featuring our own made up games! And like a Nintendo power mag. We'd have drawn maps and everything! But, it wasnt till we got to the tail end of the 16bit era that I felt the urge to make my own games! But do to lacking the "Aptitude" for coding & sucking badly at math. My chance at it didnt come about till after I went into the service.

After I self-published my own indie comic back in '98. While stationed in Hawaii. A buddy suggested that I should try to pursue game development. I was just finally able to get a PC and get myself online. Only to be blown away and how large and diverse the emerging indie movement was becoming. At that point. I made up my mind to try and get my ideas from all the way back in high school out into the hands of gamers that would enjoy them. Starting with Phyersoft's 1st project: Barricade!

So on that note. Its great to meet you all! Dont be shy to say anything or drop me a line! You can check us out on our still growing g+ page...
https://plus.google.com/u/1/101417414501483929925/posts

And our Twitter page as well...
https://twitter.com/phyersoftdev

PEACE

Beta Coming Soon!
Thrillion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7897 on: October 03, 2014, 04:54:42 AM »

Welcome, it seems like a nice project, with boobs, blood and muscles !

We try to combine those factors in everything we do Smiley
Pfotegeist
« Reply #7898 on: October 03, 2014, 06:54:44 AM »

antmatrix
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7899 on: October 03, 2014, 11:21:07 AM »

Hi my name is Anthony Munoz and I'm not technically a game programmer; actually I'm a Network Admin with a desire to create
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic