Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411608 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58446 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 09, 2024, 04:47:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 905601 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #7780 on: December 05, 2015, 06:03:22 PM »

Speaking of df, I let the bug fix screen speak for itself

https://twitter.com/0xabad1dea/status/673292704739155968/photo/1
world-destroying poetry
Tears of Joy

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7781 on: December 07, 2015, 12:29:53 PM »

Just got a Japanese 3ds and Monster Hunter X. Time to put all this kanji studying to the test.

MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #7782 on: December 07, 2015, 04:21:42 PM »

Dariusburst - This is the first time, and I hope the only time, I've gotten a refund on a Steam game just because I hated it. This is some of the outright laziest level design I've ever seen in a professional shmup. Just... every stage is basically

1. Wave of popcorn enemies. There's like five different waves of popcorn enemies in the game total.
2. Some sort of harder enemy appears! The game likes using this seahorse and some annoying snake things a lot.
3. Another popcorn wave.
4. Maybe at this point you encounter some actual level feature in the later levels, otherwise
5. Boss.

It's an entire game based around beaming popcorn enemies that barely even fight back.

And then the game tries to justify its hefty price tag by advertising a 3000 stage Chronicle Mode and a 200 stage story mode, in which you repeat these stages in a slightly remixed form constantly.

Also compared to Gaiden and G-Darius the graphics blow. Or compared to anything Degica's put on Steam recently, really.

Cities: Skylines - Conflicted on this.

- In general I like it a lot. BUT!

1. idk if I like how buildings unlocked in one city are unlocked in all other cities.
2. Not being able to build away from roads is giving me some major grief. It makes empty spaces behind buildings basically unusable, and also renders curved roads sort of... not as useful as they could be, since tight grids seem to be the best way to utilize space?

Basically I miss being able to do the SimCity thing where you have a ring of houses with a park inside.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7783 on: December 07, 2015, 06:00:08 PM »

since tight grids seem to be the best way to utilize space?

theyre actually not because tight grids are not conducive to traffic
MeshGearFox
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #7784 on: December 07, 2015, 07:44:30 PM »

since tight grids seem to be the best way to utilize space?

theyre actually not because tight grids are not conducive to traffic

Yeah but I don't have any traffic anyway because everyone's already dead.

... Also is there a reason that tight grids are not conducive to traffic, besides wonky pathfinding? Just thinking of my own IRL city where I live here but the gridded neighborhoods are very rarely traffic bottlenecks. Problems usually happen when you have long-distance, fast-moving roads exiting onto or being intersected by considerably slower roads, or, in the case of the university, a complete lack of any obligatory vehicular/pedestrian traffic controls.

Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #7785 on: December 07, 2015, 08:26:04 PM »

Running around Neocron, that game's amazing wow what. Why didn't i get popular it's HUGE!!!!!

MeshGearFox
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: December 07, 2015, 08:50:41 PM »

was that the game with the digital tits

MeshGearFox
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: December 07, 2015, 08:52:19 PM »

i mean digital tits as in 3D rendered dusty gazongas, not The Digital Tits, the Newbiggin-by-the-Sea based electroblues quartet.

Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: December 07, 2015, 09:44:45 PM »

i mean digital tits as in 3D rendered dusty gazongas, not The Digital Tits, the Newbiggin-by-the-Sea based electroblues quartet.
Yes and yes, I visited about six strip clubs and two of them killed me. I'm too afraid to venture outside the city the world is just too big. There's no way to manage quests except remembering them and guns cost way too much money to ever get.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: December 08, 2015, 12:02:07 AM »

Neocron still exists?
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: December 08, 2015, 02:56:58 AM »

Neocron still exists?
Yup, I ran into about eight players but they wouldn't talk to me, maybe they were on a different chat channel though.

You can DL it here. You have to make an account here though and one on the forum using the same e-mail, that wasn't explained.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: December 09, 2015, 11:54:47 PM »

Humble Bundle having a SNK sale.
For $10 you get all the best neo geo games.
Definitely check Shock Troopers if you liked games like Undrentale.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: December 10, 2015, 12:23:30 AM »

I'll wait to see if they'll add Crossed Swords and World Heroes Perfect before I jump in.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7793 on: December 10, 2015, 12:16:10 PM »

I finally caught up with the rest of the internet and played Undertale yesterday. It was certainly a good time, though I didn't think it quite lived up to the hype. I killed one random monster by accident, so I guess I must have gotten the normal ending. There was a door fairly early on that I never could figure out how to open, and a few other mysteries to investigate... I probably would have had a better experience without spoilers, because I knew what to expect for a lot of the twists. Ah well, still pretty great.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7794 on: December 10, 2015, 12:20:40 PM »

try to sequence break as much as possible

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: December 10, 2015, 12:45:10 PM »

Imo undertale relies on twists and outsmarting the player a little too much which hurts its replay value, unless you really like the characters (which i don't).

YMMV because overreliance on twists is a general problem in videogame stories and undertale's story is still a lot better than most.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: December 10, 2015, 02:26:58 PM »

You need to replay the game and try for the pacifist ending to get the full effect. Part of that is because the pacifist ending is excellent, and part of it is that many of the game's most clever features are only apparent on a second run-though (despite many having been there all along).

It has a lot of little secrets crammed into it that encourage you to replay the game and discover new things each time.
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7797 on: December 10, 2015, 02:44:44 PM »

I'm pondering to buy Victoria II since it looks interesting, but I'm really a novice to strategy games, so is that game suitable for someone who barely played games of the same genre or should I start with something else?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: December 10, 2015, 02:47:47 PM »

crusader kings 2 is the best paradox game and also pretty accessible by their standard (still has a learning curve tho). victoria 2 is old.

familiarity with other strategy games is not going to help you thaaat much anyway because paradox's stuff is pretty unique within the genre.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 02:52:49 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
Conker
« Reply #7799 on: December 10, 2015, 02:48:42 PM »

thinking about buying the new guilty gear on steam.. anyone play it yet?
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic