Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411727 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58455 Members - Latest Member: Sergei

May 22, 2024, 09:47:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingThe Long Road Dev Blog
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Long Road Dev Blog  (Read 719 times)
Lambda
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2022, 03:03:27 PM »

This is the link to our game:

link to windows zip build

In AD 2657, an advanced civilization from outer space, Lambda, invaded earth

The Lambda King, used the “Lambda Beam” to turn all humans into his minions

A baby was born the moment the beam disappeared, and he became the last human on the earth

20 years later the baby has grown up, he decided to challenge Lambda Kind and turn humans back

To save the mankind, he must pass “The Long Road” and defeat the Lambda King
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 06:31:00 AM by Lambda » Logged
Adro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 03:50:00 AM »

Hi Lambda, I enjoyed the pixel art environment. Controls are good, though when I left the road the tutorial told me to pick up an item and I couldn't see it! I would say it's almost impossible to win this game Cheesy. I really liked the pig-like enemies movement, they remind me to those like in Diamond Rush.

I just miss some interaction with the world, or other variants to make the world's appereance less lineal, although I know this is probably the purpose of it. Also, to avoid seen an empty color when the player approaches to the limits of the world, you could either stop the camera at a certain point or put some trees or other collidable tiles to prevent it. Keep in mind an arguably way to escape from the enemies is precisely to leave the road.

There are a good variety of enemies here also, so good job!

Lambda
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 06:41:07 AM »

BETA DEVBLOG UPDATE:

We focused on polishing the gameplay this week. We’ve improved the bosses by making them fit into the environment better and they have more interesting animations and attacks.

Enemy balance has been improved in general to better scale with player growth.

These changes should make fighting much more difficult and interesting, especially later in the game and to account for the added difficulty, checkpoints are now available at intermediate points in the map.

Some obstacles are added and players need to defeat certain bosses to get through these obstacles.

There’s been many other minor changes and bug fixes to the rest of the game systems and the story introduction.

Next week, to continue refining the immersion of the game, we will focus on visuals and sounds, as well as continue to fix bugs and balance issues as they are discovered.
Lambda
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022, 07:12:50 PM »

This week, we mainly focus on the balance of the game and add music by our freelancer, as well as some bug fixing.

The author list is updated with 2 freelancers: Jiahao Yu for art and Peixian Zhou for music.

The story slide now shows some items which can be collected in our game to tutor the players.

The music system now changes a lot, we have invited a professional person to make some customized music for us. Download our game and explore it!
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022, 08:25:54 PM »

Hey Lambda,

I played your game:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic