Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411667 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 08:19:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralThings that Suck
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 178
Print
Author Topic: Things that Suck  (Read 339437 times)
paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3080 on: July 01, 2012, 04:58:07 AM »

E: i don't know how, but this got posted into the wrong thread  Tired
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 08:23:45 AM by paste » Logged

Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3081 on: July 01, 2012, 07:51:54 AM »

We have some flowers that smell nice outside so I decided to pick some and bring them in my room yesterday. I found out this morning there were many baby caterpillars on those flowers. I will not be bringing those flowers in my room again.

Squid Party
Level 5

Oh hi mark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3082 on: July 01, 2012, 12:33:04 PM »

I agree with the bill. I think everyone, regardless of their income, should have medical assistance when needed. It's cold to not treat a person because said person doesn't have any money to do it.
What is also sad are the Republicans saying on Twitter that they will "move to Canada" because of it. It's plain ironic since Canada has a system like that for years.

problem is that when you have a free health care system, the quality can go down a lot. Just see the English health care system (NHS)

[img]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r527/Daniel_Sharman/areyouonyourperiod.gif[img/]
PowRTocH
« Reply #3083 on: July 01, 2012, 12:50:09 PM »

Yeah because a surgeon is going to not give a shit about saving someone's life because he makes less money than he would in a private health care system.

That is one of those economic theories that have no basis in real world facts. It's the same line of Adam Smith worship that honestly believes that free market capitalism produces the best possible outcomes.

The only thing I could really see is less money spent on medical research.

Physicians make an absurd amount of money either way.
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3084 on: July 01, 2012, 01:14:26 PM »

I agree with the bill. I think everyone, regardless of their income, should have medical assistance when needed. It's cold to not treat a person because said person doesn't have any money to do it.
What is also sad are the Republicans saying on Twitter that they will "move to Canada" because of it. It's plain ironic since Canada has a system like that for years.

problem is that when you have a free health care system, the quality can go down a lot. Just see the English health care system (NHS)
Like Cow said I don't think that having free health care lowers an hospital's quality. Either way, even if it lowers an hospital's quality, having free health care is better than not letting people have their treatments for not having enough income. Those who want a better hospital service and have income for it can always go to a private clinic.

pendleton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: July 03, 2012, 12:28:17 AM »

metalic noisy sound (I like metal music but metalic sound.. like bell, it really sucks)
cigarette smoke
Buffering
Headache
Bug on code
and so on.

I AM NOT A MORON!
and sorry for my poor English :/
VortexCortex
Level 2

Engram Architect

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3086 on: July 03, 2012, 01:46:15 AM »

Asked my Native American friend what they're doing for 4th of July -- Independence day... That was stupid.  Very Very Stupid.  I am a bad person.  (No, seriously, I'm terrible at being a person, it really sucks).

Danmark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: July 03, 2012, 02:34:07 AM »

^ Sounds like an awfully hypersensitive reaction.
sigfarter
Level 7

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: July 03, 2012, 11:41:26 PM »

I don't know why people even bother debating healthcare, objectively speaking universal healthcare is totally awesome and works well around the world. If you think socialized medicine is a bad thing or that it can't work then you are seriously a fucking retard and should just shut the fuck up already.

This conversation is tired, and literally every time it comes up, socialized medicine wins.

Americans just can't possibly understand how their country is inferior to others, and that's one of the primary reasons why they have been quietly superseded by many over the past few decades.

Go watch that popular Newsroom clip.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 11:46:35 PM by sigvatr. » Logged
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3089 on: July 12, 2012, 06:29:25 PM »

I suck, I suck badly.
It all started a few weeks ago when I had an Over The Air update for my Android device.
After reboot the phone was "stuck" on the samsung screen that looks like a loading screen. With the samsung logo with a light glow.
So I looked for flashing my android device with an older OS, but wasn't sure of it. I took it to a shop which took $40 from me to install some OS. That OS was odd looking and it wasn't the official OS. It also had a super user with an Icon of the Android driod with an eye patch.
So I decided to install a ROM myself, I installed the ICS ROM again, same thing. Stuck at the Android screen.
Then I installed Gingerbread. Same thing.
Then I pressed the home button, and viola, I got to "the next screen".
So my phone was alright all this time, I just had to press the home btton on the Samsung screen.
For my defense the Samsung screen does look like a loading screen and there is nothing in tha screen beside the Samsung logo glowing.

Master of all trades.
devshawn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3090 on: July 12, 2012, 07:09:46 PM »

One thing that really sucks is when advertisements have to buffer.
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: July 12, 2012, 07:14:55 PM »

One thing that really sucks is when advertisements have to buffer.

Ad-Block. AD-BLOCK!!
Lexonite
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3092 on: July 12, 2012, 07:17:17 PM »

..discovering the truth

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3093 on: July 17, 2012, 08:39:23 AM »

So my main PC doesn't boot to Windows 7 now, it gives me an BSOD. I tried safe boot and various repairing options but it still doesn't work. Strange thing is that it wasn't working badly or anything, it just happened. Fortunately I did a backup of my current projects, so they are safe, although I'll try to safe other files using a live CD.
The only option left (if that works, that is) is to format my PC and install a new OS on it. So I either:

Install Windows 7 again, even if W8 is months from being released and even though I'm not exactly excited to run it again after this (granted, maybe the problem relies on the hardware, so the second reason is just an assumption)

Install Windows 8 Consumer Preview. I wasn't much pleased with Windows 8 when I tried it before the CP, but perhaps they fixed the flaws I had with it.

Install a Linux distro. I never ran a PC with *only* Linux, but it might be an interesting experience. The main problem I have with it are games, but I could try Wine and see if it suits me. If I go with this option I would appreciate to know any Linux distro recommendations aside from Ubuntu.

Either way, sucks to have to format a PC.

sigfarter
Level 7

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: July 17, 2012, 09:34:12 AM »

Do you know what kind of BSOD it is? Does it give you a .sys file that broke?
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3095 on: July 17, 2012, 09:41:12 AM »

Nope. I can't enter the system. It goes like this:
-Motherboard's boot screen logo.
-The screen telling me that something unexpected happened to Windows.
-Windows 7's boot screen with the shining logo.
-Half-second BSOD.
-Back to point one.

I'm now using a live CD so I could try to find it. Thanks.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3096 on: July 17, 2012, 10:01:59 AM »

It sounds like it could be an issue with the MBR.

Squid Party
Level 5

Oh hi mark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3097 on: July 17, 2012, 11:51:49 AM »

Having to give the gold key to the tunnel man sucks

[img]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r527/Daniel_Sharman/areyouonyourperiod.gif[img/]
Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

Working on unannouned fighting game.

View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: July 17, 2012, 02:59:11 PM »

I am playing the real-life game dev story, this fucking sucks.

Back to coding, I want to blow my brains out with a sawed off shotgun.

I'm so sick of this, I'm going to write the best framework ever so I can stop coding for awhile.

Toucantastic.
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: July 18, 2012, 04:10:46 PM »

Having a scalded mouth from eating food that is too hot.  Sad

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 178
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic