Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411708 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58457 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 01:16:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsRoom Transition Test Suite
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Room Transition Test Suite  (Read 2262 times)
imaginationac
Level 2

Makin' games instead of makin' money.

View Profile WWW
« on: January 25, 2012, 09:05:59 PM »

I was messing around with making a simple app to test all the default room transitions in Game Maker. It took about 2-3 hours to make. It's a bit rough, with no in app instructions and some of the transitions are a bit difficult to observer, but it's a good primer I think.

Check it out and feel free to use and improve it as you see fit. The zip file contains the project file and executable.

Youtube channel | Charger! Dev Log

Sheepolution
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 06:45:48 AM »

This could be useful! :D

But could you change this?:
- As soon as you choose a transition, show it. It's annoying to click 'show transition' everytime.
- Make a test room, just place some random blocks or text, right now you don't always see the transition.

imaginationac
Level 2

Makin' games instead of makin' money.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 07:35:17 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions. Clicking on the transition type now plays the transition. And I've colored the background of the rooms to make the effect as obvious as possible.

You can also manually input the number of transition steps or use the mouse wheel.

Last thing I'm going to add to this is the transitions from the extension package.

Youtube channel | Charger! Dev Log

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic