Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411716 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 10:45:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Source publishing
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Source publishing  (Read 1051 times)
go
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2010, 09:31:40 PM »

My project's repository is handled by tortoiseSVN.

I want to publish the source in an easy to read, documentation style html format. The project is built with VS2005.

What is the easiest way to do this?
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 04:32:49 AM »

I'd recommend finding some free SVN host which offers Trac or some similar software with a nice source browser. Say, assembla.com for example. Unless I misunderstood what exactly you're trying to do.
st33d
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 08:02:57 AM »

github was almost nice and easy for me

bit of a steep learning curve, but handily they tell you exactly all the right mystical commands to put in and what software to use
Overkill
Level 3

Andrew G. Crowell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 11:53:22 AM »

My project's repository is handled by tortoiseSVN.

I want to publish the source in an easy to read, documentation style html format. The project is built with VS2005.

What is the easiest way to do this?

A nice tool for this, if you have a PHP-enabled webserver, might be WebSVN (they have a demo tucked away on one of their pages too). I have no experience actually installing or managing this myself, but my university used this for viewing SVN repositories, and the interface is pretty friendly.

I suppose you could also use a public hosting service like Github, which while it IS meant for git repositories can handle SVN as well, either through their import tool (which can read public repos) or through the git-svn tools that come with git. (Really I now prefer Git over SVN, but I suppose this doesn't apply to everyone)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 11:57:59 AM by Overkill » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic