Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 01:43:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkLooking for pixel artist - shmup - mockups, art direction
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for pixel artist - shmup - mockups, art direction  (Read 734 times)
lobstersteve
« on: December 14, 2015, 06:00:11 AM »

Hey Smiley

So i am currently making a small roguelike shmup, for fun, but i still want it to be polished and something i can be proud of in the end.
I can make some art myself, but i'm not very good at it, and also recently fell more in love with the modern pixel art styles, especially in shmups, because of their arcade feeling Smiley

It's a hobby project and i don't know if i'm going to sell it, but i still want it to be a full package and i have some spare money to pay you for your work.
First i'd like to have a mockup with some simple elements, to get an idea of the art direction.
Something that includes stuff like this:

I guess the format (HUD on the outside, parallax scrolling..) is mostly inspired by the game super star path. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/udo8Bwi0akI/maxresdefault.jpg ..to give you a better understanding
Regarding the colors i would like to give you some freedom. Either the typical blue, purple-ish sci-fi colors, or the more colorful stuff i'm already using, or something completly different. Make it look interesting, it can even be something abstract. (If you have an original idea, a color palette, or a very rough colored mockup would convey the idea)

For now, i would be satisfied with a mockup (And i probably already could use some elements as the game doesn't have much animations), but if it turns out good, we could talk about further art help i would need over time (A lot of enemy designs, bullet-types, power-ups, animations for explosions..).

To contact me, you can write a personal message, or add me on skype: iljer90

You can also check my Twitter account to see some stuff i've done: https://twitter.com/lobstersteve2
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:05:47 AM by lobstersteve » Logged
microrignal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 07:53:46 AM »

Interesting. PM sent.

Aaaaaaaaaaaah Spoiks Devlog!
sodap
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 04:19:55 AM »

added you to skype