Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 08:03:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[PAID] Looking for a programmer for a small proof of concept 'playable' scene
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PAID] Looking for a programmer for a small proof of concept 'playable' scene  (Read 7651 times)
matwek
« on: December 18, 2015, 01:10:05 PM »

Hi,

I'm a pixel artist/game designer that has worked on several published games. You can check out some work of mine here...
http://matwek.wix.com/matwek-portfolio

I'm currently looking for someone to help put together a small playable proof of concept of an idea/design I had.

I would provide all the textures, animations and layout designs, but I would need a programmer to construct the scene and give players basic movement control over the playable character.
It would be a purely visual experience, with a small area to explore and no gameplay beyond walking around.

The scene in question would be very similar in size and design to this image, but with drasticly different pixel art and a different setting. A basic 3D cubed/low poly environment with pixel art textures and angled 2D sprites for decoration and the player character.

Whilst I'm advertising this as a paid job, I currently have no idea how much something like this is going to cost. So I'm really just looking for a few quotes and to open up a dialog with some interested programmers.
If the price is right and we're both on the same page, then I will be interested to get started on the project in the new year.

I'm sure people will have questions to ask, as the post is a little vauge at the moment (I'm sorry, thats mainly down to my lack of tech knowledge), but I'll be sure to update the post with answer to the questions asked.

Thanks for your time.
BaneTrapperDev
Level 0

Why i most put text here ?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 05:37:52 PM »

It sounds very simple what you are asking. The price would be, pay what you want.

What i want to know is:
Is there a dead line?
Do you intent to expand on this idea?, make some kind of game out of it.

matwek
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 05:18:50 AM »

No deadline as such, sooner is better, but there is no rush.

I would love to expand the idea into a full game, although unfortunately I don't have the money to fund something like that.
If someone was interested in taking the idea further then it would have to be as some kind of profit share project.

I would love to turn it into a Zelda inspired horror game. Moody setting, creey creatures scuttling about, jump scares and limited ammo. I also like the idea of adding elements of stealth with the different enemies having different behaviours, for example, using a gun to kill something might attract near by enemies.
BaneTrapperDev
Level 0

Why i most put text here ?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 06:57:31 AM »

The playable demo, which platforms do you require it to support?
I will be doing it in unity 4 or 5.

What is your choice of communication? skype(banetrapper), or suggest.

I will start making 3D environment with 2D character movement, with ramps, and jumping so you can maneuver trough environment as you requested.
We can discuss texturing, and audio in private.

I've been working on 2D worlds for over 3 years(I have linked last project in my description), and this will be my first 3D. No fear, i have knowledge prepared, for i've been studding 3D gamedev for some time.
But still i would like your confirmations, and us to make verbal agreements around certain things.
Until then, BaneTrapper.

matwek
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 07:37:00 AM »

I've been contacted by quite a few people so it will probably be after christmas before I've had a chance to see what everyone has to say and to make a decision. I hope thats ok?

Email is my choice of communication, you can find it on my profile.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic