Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 10:23:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWhat games do you want to be making in 5 years?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: What games do you want to be making in 5 years?  (Read 9141 times)
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2010, 07:36:39 PM »

Very small, very polished ones that I make in about a month or two, and that only take 10-20 minutes to beat, and which I enjoy making. Gamesmaking will be a pastime. That's why I want to make my big games now before it's too late.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2010, 12:32:40 PM »

3D RPG Adventure.
I want the stuff I've been sketching on for a few years already to finally come to life.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2010, 06:59:22 PM »

THE MATRIX
WHOA

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2010, 07:53:23 PM »

THE MATRIX
WHOA
Code:
GLfloat matrix[] = {1,1,16,2,
                    1,6,16,2};
There. I made you a matrix.

alspal
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2010, 07:55:33 PM »

I'll be making the games I want to make at the time. Which is what I'm doing now too.
ctankep
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2010, 11:16:23 PM »

Five years from now... By then I hope I have come up with a new (or at least very rare) way of presenting information in a game. You have side scrollers, first person, over head, over the shoulder, text based, sound based. These are all different ways that the player obtains information about the game world, either through images, words or sounds. I want some way to combine those images words and sound different from the above, different than normally seen.

Sounds cool! Personally, I hope that in 5 years that there's a conception of 'games', interactive space or whatever they're called that goes beyond the genres we have now and allows us an experience that engages in other ways than simple linear progression and gating. I'd love to be making new forms as well and find some way of providing a framework for exploration that doesn't rely on conventions of gating and pacing to create the drama or player connection to the content.

I don't know what this is as yet, though intuitively feel that there would definitely be more of an emphasis on the psychological aspect of games [ mental models, creativity from players ] combined with somehow being able to connect the game experience to the world outside in a qualitative way. This would be really interesting to explore.

-

Just to go off on a wild tangent: something that I've been thinking of lately though is a game or experience where players can fall asleep to and perhaps continue in their minds in their own fashion. I suppose I'm quite concerned with how games signify themselves in the most obvious of ways and we seem to be in some kind of recursive box of pixellated kittens at the moment.

Everything speaks at a similar level, about the same stuff, and very few games put me in the headspace of some of my favourite films or music. Why is this? Surely its a more immersive medium though alot of content at the moment seems to be hugely self-referential instead of being unique, awe-inspiring or even introspective. In 5 years, if you believe the polls the average age of gamers will be in the mid-thirties. I'm a tiny bit older than that but I still have the same desire for discovery and exploration as a kid and would love to make something that engenders that same feeling of excitement given the knowledge and experience of the last 30 years of games. That and erotic stuff.

-- Chuan
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 11:25:48 PM by ctankep » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic