Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411648 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 09:28:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeThe No Screen Corporation
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The No Screen Corporation  (Read 2522 times)
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« on: April 16, 2010, 03:05:51 PM »

INTRO
So the winter has finally let up here in Iowa and it has me in a great mood. Say what you want about the harsh winters of the Midwest, it makes the Spring that much sweeter when it finally crops up through the icy tundra.

With the beautiful days ticking away as I'm stuck inside on my computer and a recent signup at Wakoopa, I've been more conscious of how I'm spending my time. It's not that I'm completely wasting it but it certainly feels that way as I hear kids run around at recess outside or watch the clouds pass in front of bright blue skies.  I'm always doing stuff in front of screens. You'd think I worshipped these guys, staring endlessly into their sputtering radiance. But no more!

Every single day, I'm going to do at least one thing that doesn't involve a screen of any kind. What constitutes a screen? Anything with pixels. No pixels! Not here, not anywhere. What constitutes a "thing"? Whatever it is, it can't be routine.

THE RULES
  • Do a Thing everyday that doesn't involve a screen. No screens. Zero! If you must carry a cell phone in case of emergency, turn off 3G
  • Things can't include errands, chores, work, showers, cooking, sex, routine stuff and etc.
  • Don't be clever and repeat the "Thing" over and over everyday or even alternate. Variety is the spice of No Screening.
  • Rules are subject to change, this is Alpha, people...

For the full post on my blog: http://mile222.com/2010/04/sign-up-with-the-no-screen-corporation/

MEMBERSHIP
Everyone should post what they do with their crazy No Screen time here. Of course, if you take a picture or video of it you will have blasphemed and we here at the No Screen Corporation will void your day of No Screen time. Better luck tomorrow!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 08:22:14 AM by aeiowu » Logged

grapefrukt
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 12:57:47 AM »

I'm sort of already doing this, save for the no cellphone-thing and the "new thing each day".
Right now I can maybe do upwards 5 hours of actual effective work a day, and that's if I get some not-at-the-computer time somewhere in between. So I think your theories are sound, hopefully I can do some crazy stuff next week and post it here Wink
weasello
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 08:55:12 AM »

I'm hoping going to the pub sans-digitalz will count. Because I'm all over that shit.  Beer!

It'll be tough to turn off my phone (my brand new nexus one!? OFF?!?) but I'll give it a go!

IndieElite4Eva
Captain_404
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 09:03:23 AM »

This is great.

Are non-digital pictures/films ok? I don't personally have the tech, but for anyone who does...
george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 09:40:10 AM »

this reminds me of a great video of Jo Walsh:

http://ia340943.us.archive.org/1/items/future_film-2007-02-15-jo/future_film-2007-02-15-jo.m4v
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 09:35:45 AM »

This is great.

Are non-digital pictures/films ok? I don't personally have the tech, but for anyone who does...
yea definitely! and i think if you wanna go out and take digital pictures somewhere that would be cool too.

This weekend we had my friend Johnny's bachelor party. (he's the guy who did the 4fourths trailer).

after these were all filled with absinthe, we went out. i'm still hungover... Absinthe is a dark dark mistress.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic