Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 08:07:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkTranslators needed for RPG (for small $ and credits)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Translators needed for RPG (for small $ and credits)  (Read 5198 times)
goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: June 02, 2011, 08:54:26 AM »

I'm looking for people to translate a game and then test the translation (play through the game).

Now let's talk about the business stuff first. It's for pay, but here's how it works. You won't become rich from this. For 3 months you'll get 100% of the profits from the region(s) in which the language is the national language or whatever, and if some region has a more than 1 (I'm thinking of French in Canada) you'll get 50% of that also. To be fair, I take the highest amount earned (I'm thinking French could possibly be that if someone decides to do that translation) and everybody gets that amount for their translation. So if you translate for a small region where not many people are likely to buy, you get the same amount as someone translating for a larger demographic. To give a figure, and this is not guaranteed or anything but people have already translated the game to some languages and they're making $24.06 CAD for May (they'll be paid for June and July also). For sales where I have no region data, the shares will be projected based on the regions where I do.

So, I probably said most of what I need to say. The game is Monster RPG 2 [www.monster-rpg.com]. It sells on the iOS App Store, the Mac App Store, Ubuntu Software Center, and directly from my website (http://www.nooskewl.com). One thing I should mention is that I don't know if I have or can find a suitable CJK font for Japanese/Chinese/Korean translations, but if I can those would be great. I'll check into it if anyone can provide such a translation. About the size of the job, there are 946 lines to translate, some of them are single words and some of them are small paragraphs. The English translation has around 35K characters. Next thing of note is that the next release of the game (You will be paid starting then) could take a while as I've got an artist retouching all of the player battle sprites in his spare time. On top of that, I get paid the month after the end of the selling month. So if the artist finishes in 2 months, you wouldn't receive any money until 4 months from now.

Also should mention translator/testers will get translating/testing credits in the game too.

Ok big ramblings over. Let me know, but please do not apply if you're not completely serious about finishing and doing a good job.

Thanks.
makis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 01:24:48 PM »

I can translate the game in Greek if you are interested.
Makis
goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 03:41:34 PM »

Thanks makis, can I send you a PM with some more details?

P.S.: I'm very sorry but I forgot to mention that Polish, Spanish, and German translations are already done for this game.
makis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 03:47:33 PM »

Yes you can trentg, no problemo!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:55:34 PM by makis » Logged
goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 09:36:54 AM »

To update, I now have translators for Dutch, Brazilian Portuguese, Slovenian, and Greek (and German, Spanish, Polish are already done). I really really want a French translation and will accept any others too.
goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 01:54:35 PM »

French translation is being done now. Still will accept others.
filosofiamanga
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 09:35:16 PM »

Sorry, but you say Spanish is completed, maybe next time.

Yo soy hablante de espaƱol nativo por si necesitas otra ayuda.
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 07:55:21 AM »

Hablante? :p

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
filosofiamanga
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 09:24:37 AM »

Hablante? :p

yes, It's a real word, It mean speaker.
joaoluis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 09:42:37 AM »

I can translate to Portuguese, I'm Portuguese!
goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 01:16:15 PM »

I can translate to Portuguese, I'm Portuguese!

Is that Portuguese of Brazil or Portugal/Europe/etc?
joaoluis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 06:33:37 AM »

Portuguese from Portugal. If I were from Brazil, I'd say I'm brazilian Wink
joaoluis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 06:36:38 AM »

ha! I just saw the "brazilian portuguese" in the description, sorry! For some reason I read it "Brazilian, Portuguese" Wink
goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 01:38:02 PM »

Oh, I could use a Portuguese translation. I will PM you.
goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 04:42:18 PM »

I said French is covered but I could use a France/European French translation as well. The translator I have is doing a Canadian French translation.
Attila0413
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 05:48:46 PM »

I can translate it in Italian  Smiley Just send me a PM!

FuzzWarrior
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 05:57:44 PM »

I can cover a European French translation.
Oskar Alex
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2011, 03:48:46 AM »

Hi! Do you need the game translated into Swedish?

Oskar Alex

goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 05:59:08 AM »

Wow, I'm really pleasantly surprised at how many people have responded! Thank you all!

FuzzWarrior: I have someone for the European French translation, if that doesn't work out then I will PM you! Thanks!
goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 07:45:56 AM »

Hello again. I have a Dutch translator and he's finished his first draft. There's a problem though. The game uses OpenGL and it runs really slowly on his computer. If anyone here would like to split the job with him, all you'd have to do is basically test the game and make minor corrections as they come up when you're playing. Let me know if you're interested!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic