Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 06:26:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkNeed Dutch beta tester for RPG (~10 hours)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need Dutch beta tester for RPG (~10 hours)  (Read 1164 times)
goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: July 13, 2011, 09:48:54 AM »

Hello. I need a Dutch speaking person to test a new Dutch translation of my game. The person who translated the game cannot run the game because of lack of hardware acceleration. You can test on Windows, Mac, Linux, or iOS, your choice.

The game can take up to 20 hours to play for a new player, but if you use the strategy guide on the wiki (http://www.monster-rpg.com/wiki/) it should take no more than 6-10 hours.

We can discuss payment. What I offered to the translators is 100% of profits from the region which they translated for. So I would offer you 100% of the profits from the Netherlands (and if there are any other countries that speak a lot of Dutch, 50% from those). Now this may not be very much so I changed the deal to "100% of profits from the most profitable translated region". So if the game sells $5 in the Netherlands and $20 in France, you would get $20, as would everyone involved with this translation effort.

** EDIT: The part I forgot to mention here is that you'd get paid for 3 months, not just once.

If you're still reading and interested, please get back to me! I would optimally like this to be finished ASAP. The original plan was to release the game update on August 1st, but due to health issues I have to delay that a little. So I would say the deadline for testing would be August 1st.

Now about your duties. This is not a game beta test. If you wish to provide feedback about the game itself or bugs you find with the game code, then those are appreciated. However, all you are required to do is test the accuracy of the translation, and perhaps most important, that there are no out-of-bounds errors with the text. By that I mean that sometimes when translating, a line of text could be longer in Dutch than in English and go over the length of the box or section it's in. I would expect you to note all such instances and send me a report about it. Grammar and spelling issues are also important and I would expect you to send me those in the report as well.

I think that's all I have to say for now. I hope I can find someone who is interested! Oh, and you will also get testing credits for the game. About the game, it's a moderately successful RPG that has done fairly well on iOS and is now available on other platforms. It is not making huge money anymore and that is why the pay for this job is based on profits from the game.

Thanks,
Trent
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:58:45 AM by trentg » Logged
goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 06:33:44 AM »

Thanks, the job is taken care of.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic