Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411566 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 06:25:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject Rain World
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 367
Print
Author Topic: Project Rain World  (Read 1449280 times)
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2840 on: February 04, 2015, 08:58:25 PM »

FINALLY caught up on this mammoth devlog and the KS updates.  This has some of the most endearing, connected animations I've seen in such a long time.  The flow of each little critter all feel unique even when the same character is being used.  The debug screens are mesmerising.  Great work.  Is there any other way I can back this now the KS is closed?
Yeah, you can preorder the game through Humble
Game
Game + OST

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: February 04, 2015, 08:59:01 PM »

Woo woo! Rain World just won TIGSource "Best Devlog 2014" and 2nd for "Favorite Devlog 2014". Thanks to everyone who voted and congrats to Moonman, CRAWL and Return of the Obra Dinn for winning as well! All the games listed are totally awesome and everybody should check them out! http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=44807.100

And three cheers to Eigen for putting it all together  Toast Right Toast Right Toast Right
woooo! look at those trophies! look at them! so pretty!
(psst I made them :333)
But no, seriously, absolutely CONGRATULATIONS James and Joar on your personal success during this game's development, and for the hurdles you've jumped and the bounds you've lept.
This year should be even better, and who knows, maybe you'll get Best Devlog three in a row! (well maybe not, someone else deserves a chance to win too Tongue)

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2842 on: February 04, 2015, 09:04:06 PM »

Oh, and James & Joar, a little suggestion: maybe you want to update the Rain World site? Or maybe start a Rain World Tumblr?

The site has a lot of outdated images, doesn't have the Humble links, or latest footage, or that it was successfully Kickstarted or picked up by Adult Swim

Personally, I'd say a Tumblr would be best, given how image and GIF-heavy the devlog has been
Check out the Eidolon, Witchmarsh, and XenoRaptor Tumblr. A lot of pictures, space to describe and explain, links to other important pages and social media, etc,
http://icewatergames.tumblr.com
http://witchmarsh.tumblr.com
http://xenoraptor.tumblr.com
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 09:10:20 PM by Christian » Logged

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2843 on: February 04, 2015, 09:07:08 PM »

Congrats on the Devlog award guys! :D

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2844 on: February 04, 2015, 10:51:45 PM »

thanks all! and congrats to you as well mr moonman :D

Oh, and James & Joar, a little suggestion: maybe you want to update the Rain World site? Or maybe start a Rain World Tumblr?

The site has a lot of outdated images, doesn't have the Humble links, or latest footage, or that it was successfully Kickstarted or picked up by Adult Swim

this is all so true, but both of us are so beyond overworked that even the idea of a website update makes my eyes twitch  Cry

maybe we need to hire someone for that, idk. id love to just throw someone a bunch of stuff and be like "ok make it nice"

Teod
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: February 04, 2015, 11:55:37 PM »

this is all so true, but both of us are so beyond overworked that even the idea of a website update makes my eyes twitch  Cry
The only thing you really need to change right now is the release date. Both the official site and the greenlight page still say "2014", which is a very challenging deadline to make.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 12:15:07 AM by Teod » Logged
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: February 05, 2015, 03:57:21 AM »

Thank you thank you thank you everybody :D Such an honor!

It's going to be really funny if this bring new traffic to the thread right now in the midst of Path Finding Week  Cheesy "THIS won!?"
Promise though, it'll be more exciting stuff again shortly.

And such an honor to win two times in a row! Let's just hope that next year we're not a part of the competition haha!

Yeah, the site needs updating badly... Right now the kickstarter updates seem like a more presentable link to send people, and that's upside down for sure. But as James say, neither of us really feel like taking time out of development to work on presentation... When we get closer to release that might make more sense, so it'll get an update some time ~

Thanks again everybody! It really means a lot to know that all of you are reading and appreciating the devlog.
chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: February 05, 2015, 09:57:51 AM »

Well now THAT'S a pretty game :D

And James, you know I'm always up for this kind of task Tongue
I already basically control the Wiki.

chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: February 05, 2015, 10:34:44 AM »

Well, I've written a lengthy question to Tumblr, because apparently rainworld.tumblr.com is already taken (though the message has not been sent).
Yet that blog is a ghost blog with its only post being in April 2009.

Buuuuut, Tumblr doesn't release inactive blogs. Which sucks.

Unless the Devs can provide a trademark attached to the game, we'd have to use rainworldgame.tumblr.com.

((...as I'm typing...))

SON OF A B*TCH that one is taken too!!!!

Welp, looks like we're all out of luck boys Tongue

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2849 on: February 05, 2015, 10:48:35 AM »

i made http://rainworldgame.tumblr.com/ ! Im just too busy to do anything with it XD There would be so much to catch up on uhghh. Too many things to update! We should actually make the dang game

Jeddychan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2850 on: February 05, 2015, 11:16:39 AM »

i made http://rainworldgame.tumblr.com/ ! Im just too busy to do anything with it XD There would be so much to catch up on uhghh. Too many things to update! We should actually make the dang game

no need to catch up the tumblr in my opinion, starting posting from now on is better than nothing it all.

FLIPPIN' TABLE  TENNIS
(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ╯('□' ╯)
FTT Devlog

@Jeddychan
chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: February 05, 2015, 11:25:21 AM »

no need to catch up the tumblr in my opinion, starting posting from now on is better than nothing it all.
Well since I already update the content on the Wiki (though I do have a few things to add tonight Tongue), it'd be no trouble for me to do the Tumblr as well Smiley

akryl9296
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: February 06, 2015, 02:22:47 PM »

Congratulations on the well deserved award! :3

RainWorld alpha map: 141220
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: February 06, 2015, 02:45:46 PM »

Congrats! You deserve it! And on page 143 too – my magical number. That makes it extra exciting! Coffee

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2854 on: February 08, 2015, 08:47:47 AM »

thanks to all!  Gentleman of course we win the award then immediately disappear for a few days. *real nice devlog guys*

quite a bit of progress IS happening, but much of it is finicky stuff or un-breaking things that you would think would already be working, but Joar seems to be hacking his way through that list pretty steadily, so fingers crossed.

on the level front, i just put together the world file for the 4th region, Chimney Canopy, which was a tricky endeavor. The CC region is situated between 3 other distinct regions and had a bunch strong ideas we wanted to explore, both visually and geometry-wise. Plus the Vulture came out so strong that we wanted to dedicate some serious space to that. Trying to make all these components work together and have a coherent look/feel was quite a challenge!

Early in the game world planning stage, this region was to have around 15 screens, but as it is put together now it has 59(!!!) bringing the total number of screens for the first 4 regions to 192(!!!!), or close to what I had assumed would be for the entire game  Cry That said, I think Joar and I both agree this region is the the strongest yet, and its really fun to play. From my perspective the larger the world the better, so I'm thinking its worth all the time spent banging my head against the wall! No one will ever say that Rain World is light on content.

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: February 08, 2015, 09:17:15 AM »

Looking awesome. Is there a plan to do any additional/updated alpha demos?

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2856 on: February 08, 2015, 09:18:42 AM »

At this rate, the complete world's going to be bigger than Shadow Complex (700+ rooms)!

Beautiful level design and atmosphere as usual, James

Questions: we know Rain World is coming to Vita. What about PS4 and PS3? The initial Adult Swim announcement mentioned “PSN, PS Vita, and well beyond”. Just curious if that means consoles as well. (Mainly cause I want to update the NeoGAF thread title with confirmed platforms)

chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: February 08, 2015, 09:57:07 AM »

At this rate, the complete world's going to be bigger than Shadow Complex (700+ rooms)!

Beautiful level design and atmosphere as usual, James

Questions: we know Rain World is coming to Vita. What about PS4 and PS3? The initial Adult Swim announcement mentioned “PSN, PS Vita, and well beyond”. Just curious if that means consoles as well. (Mainly cause I want to update the NeoGAF thread title with confirmed platforms)
Even if it'll be ported over to those platforms, right now as I understand it things have to be hush-hush until the business side of the getting access to those stores is up.
So all you can really say is it is anticipated, but not finalized, to be on PS3/4.

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2858 on: February 08, 2015, 10:06:15 AM »

yep! we are currently putting together a 4-region build for PAX East, and if that works out well we will likely make that available to the alpha backers. Still quite a few kinks to work out, so no promises yet!

Chris was spot on with his comment. There is a bunch of big console news coming up, but that's all Adult Swim publisher business stuff to announce when they have it all worked out. We're just focused on building the damn thing! Wink

chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: February 08, 2015, 10:29:10 AM »

yep! we are currently putting together a 4-region build for PAX East, and if that works out well we will likely make that available to the alpha backers. Still quite a few kinks to work out, so no promises yet!
And grrr I just checked to see if any tickets were left for PAX but it's sold out!
Any chance I could be a partner in the booth handling? Get a pass as an Exhibitor (wink-wink)? :DD

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 367
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic