Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411798 Posts in 69416 Topics- by 58461 Members - Latest Member: Moko1910

May 28, 2024, 06:54:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Free pixel fonts for flash pack (anti-blurred)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Free pixel fonts for flash pack (anti-blurred)  (Read 1354 times)
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« on: October 27, 2009, 06:35:04 PM »

Ahoy Flash dev'rs.

I found this site FontsForFlash.com, that has a bunch of "freebie" fonts to grab and made a compilation and an image index with the font and pixel size to quickly find them.
The license seems to be freeware.

All files are TTF and are uncompressed in the same folder. A "!PREVIEWS.png" file has the index I talked about before.

Download pack:

Index:

Working on HeliBrawl
pgil
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 06:52:32 PM »

Some nice looking fonts there  CoolHand Thumbs Up Right

They're for flash? So if I try to use these in Game Maker will it explode or something?
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 06:55:20 PM »

I'm under the impression they have extra support for use in Flash-- Because he mentions the TTF files are there.(TTFs are a standard font type, and most software supports it.)

Just install it to your OS's Font folder(Usually can be done through right click, depending on OS), and it should appear on any font list dialog, including those in Game Maker's Font editor.

Farbs
Level 10

Pew pew! Videogames!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 06:56:40 PM »

Some great fonts there - thanks nitram.

Might be worth digging through the license if anyone wants to use these commerically though. Specifically:

You may freely distribute this font, provided that you keep the font file 'as is', including this 'read me' file. This is a shareware font, which means that you can use it for free for all of your personal projects and also for evaluation purposes. If you wish to use this font for a commercial project, you must purchase at least one single user license from www.fontsforflash.com
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 07:18:55 PM »

Oh damn... Not cool at all, thanks for pointing that out Farbs. Perhaps I read another readme? when I unpacked them all the readmes were overlapping so it might be the case. I'll have to check if only some are freeware.

But now I'll go to sleep, I'm really wasted.

pgil: you can use them with GM, ... but apparently they were specially crafted for Flash, as Flash is a bit of a bitch with font anti-aliasing (gets blurry in almost any size that's not exactly a multiple of the base size).

Regards

EDIT:
Readme for FFF Access:
This disclaimer and license agreement is a legal agreement between you and FFF Web Media Inc.,(referred to as Fonts For Flash). By downloading these fonts, you agree that you have read and agreed to the disclaimer on the Fonts For Flash website.

Fonts may be used for personal and/or commercial projects such as websites, offline presentations and other multimedia ventures.

These fonts may be used for single or multiple users depending on the type of license purchased.

Readme for FFF Discotheque:
This disclaimer and license agreement is a legal agreement between you and FFF Web Media Inc.,(referred to as Fonts For Flash). By downloading these fonts, you agree that you have read and agreed to the disclaimer on the Fonts For Flash website.

Fonts may be used for personal and/or commercial projects such as websites, offline presentations and other multimedia ventures.

Hm, some zip files had "Trial" on the filename. Here's the list of zips without "Trial" (that perhaps are the ones with a freeware license, I'll check tomorrow)

FFF_Access_5px.zip
FFF_Discotheque_10px.zip
FFF_Estudio_PC_7px.zip
FFF_Extras.zip
FFF_Extras2.zip
FFF_Forward_10px.zip
FFF_Galaxy_5px.zip
FFF_Harmony_8px.zip
FFF_Manager_Bold_6px.zip
FFF_Nadador_Bold_Condensed_6px.zip
FFF_Sailor_10px.zip
FFF_Spacedust_12px.zip