Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 01:36:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNyan Nyan Sword
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Nyan Nyan Sword  (Read 15890 times)
Conker534
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2012, 10:58:14 PM »

To be honest I've been losing inspiration to finish this. But I refuse to quit it. I refuse. I've quit every game I've attempted since I started game design.

The reason I quit and want to quit this game, is because my ideas fall apart and mush together til I have a clusterfuck of ideas that don't play together. I have a hard time simplifying a game but it has to be done. I need to make the game simpler but still fun if I will have a chance of completing this ever.

So I decided I'm going to drop a few features, and cut the story I wrote to be much shorter. Instead of 15 areas there is only going to be 5-6. That is still a lot of content and story to tell though.

I also hate the hell out of this game title. I seriously hate it. Its bad. I'll name it later.

Well anyways this game is going to be much simpler then it was going to be and a bit shorter then I planned. I'm not gonna quit, not anymore.

Also I changed Nisa's design again. I didn't color her though yet. She's all animated though and I think its really really fun.
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2012, 11:18:06 PM »

Shut up and make games, dammit.  Crazy

Less time posting, more time in the trenches of your mind.

Conker534
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2012, 09:37:08 PM »

Time to announce how the player will "die".

All of the monsters in Nyan Nyan Sword will attack Nisa, but instead of cluttering the screen with a health bar, they just take Nisa's clothing. From armor to nothing but underwear. Yay.

So before Nisa drops from embarrassment to hide herself, you can slay the monsters before they destroy her clothing, and heal up. (If you can't save your armor, don't worry! You will get it after you exit the dungeon or "die".)

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2012, 09:58:01 PM »

e_va
BANNED
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2012, 10:55:23 PM »

looks fucking horrible stupid anime fag
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2012, 11:43:53 PM »

You talked a little about having trouble finishing.

I find it really liberating to chop off features left and right, until I have something so small and tidy I have to implement it. Then when I do I start to remember why the project was a good one in the first place. Then I`m motivated to carry-on.

Losing faith happens when you get far away from the end point. It happens when you spend too much time in theory land or let your designs get big. First you prune a little and then you start dropping whole sections away.
Conker534
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2012, 11:48:50 PM »

Yes I decided to do that. Keeping my eye on a goal I can reach in a few days to a week, and slowly but surely growing on the game Smiley
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2012, 11:59:01 PM »

mmm.
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2012, 12:20:12 AM »

at first I looked at Eva's post history to see why she was banned
i saw she was trolling devlogs so i thought "yeah that's kinda rude"

but i sure as fuck won't ever defend a game where the main female character (who is super kawaii uguuu) gets undressed!!!

what a huge nerd

dont make a game where the girl gets undressed

you're becoming a sorry parody of yourself
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2012, 12:28:21 AM »

While the whole moë thing really pains me on a deep fundamental level, I will say this.

I fully support you expressing your goddamn self and finishing a fuckin' game.
Because it's already time for you to do that.
And, hell...
If this helps to get some of that moë crud out of your system, I'm behind this.
But not like that.
No.

Outraged

Conker534
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2012, 12:43:10 AM »

I had that in mind the moment I came up with my health system that it will turn away some potential players. That's fine to me. Plus she just gets undressed to like underwear, thats like.. a swim suit!

Yeah I don't have any true defense I just like moe shit and its going to influence my game that's pretty much cute girls save the world with guns and swords.
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2012, 12:46:39 AM »

You could make it semi-ironic. Then players would play it and be like... "this is so ironic...." But it would be for the Moe.

Anime-xploitation doesn't mean lame. I'm attracted to anime characters. A part of me wants to see them undress... a lot. I'm a male. Anyone who isn't attracted to imaginary people is crazy.

The only thing you have to do is not be lame about it. "Sex" is so poorly handled in games. I think one of the best treatments is in GTA. In that sex is ridiculous. It's like double-irony. The sex scenes in God of War are ... different. They are lame.

Also, sex scene in Bloodlines is incredible.
Conker534
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2012, 12:56:45 AM »

I've watched enough anime to know how to handle the fan-service I want to present. I won't be lame.

Giggle Hand Thumbs Up Right
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2012, 01:05:19 AM »

Yeah, I believe that. I'm a believer.

Your art is tasteful. It just borders on the edge. Like I can't tell which side it belongs on: guilty pleasure or commentary. That's the edge you have to return to and peak over every so often. It will excite the player and remind him that you know what you are doing.
Conker534
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2012, 01:13:14 AM »

Hahah awesome.

Yeah I won't go over the edge to the point where it isn't fun anymore (Highschool DxD).
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2012, 01:16:13 AM »

Yeah.
HernanZh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2012, 02:31:30 AM »

I think it's awesome though Hand Thumbs Up Right

Conker534