Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411579 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 04:46:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsThe Room Jam - Winnipeg, MB - Jan 29-30
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Room Jam - Winnipeg, MB - Jan 29-30  (Read 2295 times)
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: January 03, 2011, 04:11:10 PM »

Check out all the info here: http://infiniteammo.ca/blog/the-room-jam/

Essentially, everyone will make one room in Flash. Then we'll put all the rooms together into one big crazy game. Smiley

Note: Not limited to people in Winnipeg - You can join in online too! Smiley
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 04:19:32 PM by Alec » Logged

LilMonsta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 07:26:44 AM »

Hm.. Would this be open to those of us in the area to come by who really don't know what they're doing in the whole game dev process? (provided that we sign up?) Being a programmer, but a noob to game programming, and located in the city, I'm really interested in attending this.

*Edit*
The post on your site seems to answer this, but never hurts to get confirmation from the poster, second question still stands

And for people attending, I'm guessing they bring their own computers/laptops and such? *edit* unless planning to jump in to another team who has a station set up?

Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 10:53:44 AM »

Hm.. Would this be open to those of us in the area to come by who really don't know what they're doing in the whole game dev process? (provided that we sign up?) Being a programmer, but a noob to game programming, and located in the city, I'm really interested in attending this.

Yeah, you're totally welcome to participate, even if you do not have much experience. The great part about Game Jam's is that you have others all around you of different skill sets and experience, who are all totally up for helping others and providing suggestions. Smiley

And for people attending, I'm guessing they bring their own computers/laptops and such? *edit* unless planning to jump in to another team who has a station set up?

Yeah, people usually bring a laptop (and occasionally a desktop if they're willing/able to haul it to the Jam location Tongue ). I don't think we'll have many extra computers around that people can just pick up and use.

Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 11:00:15 AM »

Why is Winnipeg so faaaar :|

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 12:05:27 PM »

Noel just made a pretty cool little demo room. I think he'll eventually make it into a template you guys can use later.

You can check it out here: http://www.noelberry.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/FlashPunkRoomJamTest.swf

Smiley

LilMonsta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 08:47:42 AM »

Oh Snap, BC-ians are doing a Room Jam now too! I'm guessing that one is combined with the current one? Or has that been undetermined or even un-thought of? I assume it will all be combined via tubes. And we need more hypes for Winnipeg! More Hypes!!   Hand Shake Left Crazy Hand Shake Right

Also Alec, there's no times posted anywhere for said jam, do you have any times planned already?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 10:53:34 AM by LilMonsta » Logged
Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 05:30:47 PM »

Yo, we just got the website up, for people interested in any final details about this event  Beer!

LilMonsta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 06:18:41 AM »

Awesome! So we go there at 10:15 both mornings? It wouldn't be too much of a problem if we showed up a little later on the second day, would it?
Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 02:41:58 PM »

Not at all. You can come and go whenever you want, really - that's just the earliest that anyone else will be there...

Conker534
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 03:08:37 PM »

I wish I could program in flash!

i LOVE this movie.
Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 05:20:46 PM »

Why is Winnipeg so faaaar :|

Also, just a note... You do NOT need to be in Winnipeg to take part in this jam. It's totally open to anyone and everyone  Smiley

(we currently have 25 registered for Winnipeg, and a 45 people registered to participate online/from where they are)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic