Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 04:40:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 783469 times)
jors
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2012, 03:44:18 PM »

Something like this! http://minus.com/mXifewelT/3f

Oh man, that's bad. Can you run 'glxinfo' and PM the output? Would help to know what linux drivers you're using, some have known issues with the framework I'm using.

I also get the same artifacts from the video. I will also PM you the glxinfo, if you don't mind.
shpoonj
« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2012, 05:00:16 PM »

My Word! wow that was fun...

Could be a lot more difficult though... It seems that when you leave an area(or maybe just over time) enemies respawn. I may have killed the boss a dozen times but I don't think it took more than a hit or two.

I can't wait to see where this goes.
DarkCard2199
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2012, 10:02:06 PM »

Hello. One day I decided to install Java 7. I thought, "If this is an upgraded Java, might as well get rid of Java 6!" not knowing what would happen. When I installed Java 7, I saw I could not see anything ran by Javascript! (3D images, etc) So then I went to download Java 6 again, long story short, Java 6 couldn't be installed again, so I decided fuck it and might as well use Java 7! I went to install Delver alpha, and a WinRAR file came up, when you said it would be Java. (Nothing against you) I went to see the "Open with" tap, then the only option was WinRAR. I need help with how to find the Java file again!
jors
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 14, 2012, 12:19:30 AM »

Hello. One day I decided to install Java 7. I thought, "If this is an upgraded Java, might as well get rid of Java 6!" not knowing what would happen. When I installed Java 7, I saw I could not see anything ran by Javascript! (3D images, etc) So then I went to download Java 6 again, long story short, Java 6 couldn't be installed again, so I decided fuck it and might as well use Java 7! I went to install Delver alpha, and a WinRAR file came up, when you said it would be Java. (Nothing against you) I went to see the "Open with" tap, then the only option was WinRAR. I need help with how to find the Java file again!

Java has nothing to do with Javascript: the only thing they share is part of the name.

Besides this, you can run the jar file from command line with:
Code:
C:\>path_to_java_binary\java -jar name_of_package.jar

You can do this from a console window (Run -> cmd). Note that the "path_to_java_binary" might be something like C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_27\bin\java.

Hope it helps.
Wulvaine
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2012, 09:45:31 AM »

I'm really liking where this is going. That 'GOODBYE DELVER' screen is going to haunt me, haha.

I put together a short piece of music inspired by the game; feel free to use it if you so desire: http://soundcloud.com/accendilux/david-zaine-aarons-delver
DarkCard2199
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2012, 12:27:24 PM »

Java has nothing to do with Javascript: the only thing they share is part of the name.

Besides this, you can run the jar file from command line with:
Code:
C:\>path_to_java_binary\java -jar name_of_package.jar

You can do this from a console window (Run -> cmd). Note that the "path_to_java_binary" might be something like C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_27\bin\java.

Hope it helps.
I need help on how to run it. I'm not that smart when it comes to Java.
ajf
Level 0

JavaScript + HTML5 FTW!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: April 14, 2012, 02:37:16 PM »

Any update on an Android version?
architech7
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 14, 2012, 05:49:14 PM »

I need help on how to run it. I'm not that smart when it comes to Java.

The current alpha release of Delver is in the format of a "jar" archive. This archive contains all the data needed to run the program.

Executing (that is, running or opening) the file can be a little tricky because of how java is installed on different operating systems.

You will need the current (stable) release of Java in order to run the .jar file (see http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp?locale=en). This is called a JRE (Java run-time environment) which enables you to execute the .jar file.

If you have Java installed...

To run the Java program, see this guide for Windows or Linux:
http://www.wikihow.com/Run-a-.Jar-Java-File

Or check out these guides/forums:

... Basically, like it has been noted several times in this (growing) thread, "java -jar nameoffile.jar" is the universal syntax for running Java programs on all operating systems using a CLI. Running them more easily without using a command line interface (CLI) could be as simple as assigning ".jar" files to open with "Java" inside of any operating systems configuration settings. (ex. windows, "Open with other application," -- find Java JRE program --"check box, always open with this program."

Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2012, 11:00:43 PM »

A possible new visual style in works by Hirashin:

architech7
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2012, 11:03:44 PM »

A possible new visual style in works by Hirashin:

Euu...  Ahhh...

It's gorgeous ain't it?

architech7
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2012, 11:06:09 PM »

is that a key i see there..?!

ajf
Level 0

JavaScript + HTML5 FTW!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2012, 11:08:33 PM »

Personally I like the simplicity of the old look more.
Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2012, 11:16:24 PM »

I love the blocky old-school look of the graphics. Reminds me a lot of some of the first FPSes like Doom. (And, well, you could say it resembles Minecraft, but it seems like the gameplay deviates enough to make it stand on its own.)

I'm a fan of the new visual style myself. It looks bolder, and the way you used the lighting effects helps add a ton more ambience.

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2012, 12:03:00 AM »

the new graphics are tonslymuch better. This game looks excellent. I'll try it later but just wanted to say "fuck yeah!" to you, sah.

surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2012, 12:55:16 AM »

Looks kind of like Ultima Underworld, which is nice.

EDIT:
Looking back in time I see that is already known and is intended, which is even nicer.

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
ajf
Level 0

JavaScript + HTML5 FTW!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2012, 12:57:47 AM »

To be honest I don't mind the new look, but please maintain the old look as an option )
Uykered
« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2012, 02:35:25 AM »

Looks nicer, but the textures are too low resolution for me.
Wizard_^_
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2012, 07:15:18 AM »

I like this game a lot so far! Gentleman
I like the new graphics as well. My advice, as some random guy on the internet, is to take feed back from people like us who are your future target market, but not let it get in the way of your creativity and dream.  Like the gentlemen who said this was too low resolution: that is obviously the style of the game!  Minecraft showed us all that even with all of the high res. industry games out there, low resolution animation can be fantastic if the gameplay is really great!  I think that what you have so far is really fun to play and I hope you keep on making it the way you want it!

Sincerely,
Wizard
 Wizard
Lodeclaw
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2012, 02:16:34 PM »

I actually preferred the original graphics. However, I think it would be really wise to embrace support for fan-made texture packs the way Minecraft does.
yuotta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2012, 07:11:17 PM »

I really like the GUI/Items with this new texture..But for terrain and stuff definitely revert to the original.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 07:23:17 PM by yuotta » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic