Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 10:08:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralLeft 4 Dead Demo
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Left 4 Dead Demo  (Read 10714 times)
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: November 11, 2008, 03:57:49 PM »

Yay, it's out! Anybody up for a friendly game of zombies? My Steam ID's JohnRigby.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 04:40:34 PM »

I would love to play this but alas my computer would probably implode under the weight of it's graphics requirements.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 06:48:52 PM »

Join the TIGS steam group!

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 07:17:16 PM »

Its invite only...

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 05:57:29 AM »

Yeah, I played. Pretty fun! Some assmuch killed everyone and himself right before reaching the end on Expert after like 50 tries, though.  Undecided Don't play with 'dantelene' or something.

My steam ID is vyzerx.

Join the TIGS steam group!
It'd help if you posted a link and, you know, actually let us join it.

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Dhomochevsky
Level 0

humm.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 07:31:19 AM »

yeah lot of fun Evil
my steam id is clawsa86

mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 11:40:10 AM »

I've been playing a ton of this (less so now that they've open the doors to all sorts of crazy newbs) and I'd love to mow down some zombies with some TIGSourcers. I found the steam group but was unable to join, so I asked Derek to be my friend, I hope I'm cool enough for that. My steam ID is mrfredman if anyone wants to invite me to the group, or just play a game sometime.
Core Xii
Level 10

the resident dissident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 09:58:28 PM »

It's a pretty good game. But the meta interface is rather lacking. You can get the console and server browser if you know how to, but the problem is they don't stick. When you join a game they disappear.
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 10:17:48 PM »

Yeah I was disappointed by that. Part of the reason I love Valve's games is Source's UI overlay. I don't know why anyone would want to get rid of it in a Source game.

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 10:19:10 PM »

Yeah...  Sad
I wonder how mods and custom maps are going to work if it doesn't let people easily connect to the servers they want...

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
joshg
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 11:19:42 PM »

I'll be harassing people for an invite shortly.

these are from an actual radio shack in the ghetto
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 11:32:27 AM »

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 06:10:41 PM »

The demo is very enjoyable, but I'm not sure if I want to buy the full game, because the interface is fucking garbage. I've spent up to 10 minutes just trying to get into a game with one of my friends. Getting four friends together on one server would be pretty much impossible, which to me defeats the entire purpose of the game. Playing with strangers is annoying because it seems like they always set off the car alarm 'to get more kills' and then everybody dies because of them.

Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 06:16:11 PM »

The demo is very enjoyable, but I'm not sure if I want to buy the full game, because the interface is fucking garbage. I've spent up to 10 minutes just trying to get into a game with one of my friends. Getting four friends together on one server would be pretty much impossible, which to me defeats the entire purpose of the game. Playing with strangers is annoying because it seems like they always set off the car alarm 'to get more kills' and then everybody dies because of them.

I found it super easy to play with 3 other friends.

Just click Play Campaign > Play With Friends.  Then only friends can join.  Once all the friends you want are in you can even switch it to public to fill up the remaining slots.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 08:09:24 PM »

Just click Play Campaign > Play With Friends.  Then only friends can join.  Once all the friends you want are in you can even switch it to public to fill up the remaining slots.
Hmm, really? Did you create your own lobby, or use an existing server?

Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 08:59:28 PM »

I created a lobby.  When you start the game is when it searches for a server to use (and we got one).

GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 09:16:39 PM »

YMM!  Now that I've defended myself in that Determinism thread, come on, go and reply; and I did post that paper you asked me to post!  Grin

Or have you just been avoiding it.  Wink  (No worries if this is the case!  Gentleman)
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 03:26:23 AM »

I created a lobby.  When you start the game is when it searches for a server to use (and we got one).
OK, thanks. I guess me and my friend thought that to create your own lobby, you would have to run the whole thing off your computer...

siiseli
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 03:44:52 AM »

We play this with friends at school every day :3
C418
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2008, 05:30:33 PM »

Yeah, it's interesting that it uses a server on it's own. That keeps a lot of lag away.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic