Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411566 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 07:09:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralLeft 4 Dead Demo
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Left 4 Dead Demo  (Read 10715 times)
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2008, 07:20:21 PM »

http://steamcommunity.com/id/frodo091/

Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2008, 08:07:03 PM »

All right, I thought I had set up my community thing, but apparently I had not, and everything I could think of except for my name was taken, so my page is now:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/chriswhitman

Formerly "I Like Cake."
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2008, 08:10:17 PM »

I wish i had the magical powers of the invitation.

Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2008, 08:12:26 PM »

Don't worry, you still have the magical powers... of my heart.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2008, 08:39:13 PM »

Don't worry, you still have the magical powers... of my heart.

Ha nice I always wanted those powers. Anyway i think i sent an invitation im not sure but check.

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2008, 09:16:08 PM »

Here be my steam ID:http://steamcommunity.com/id/TeamQuiggan

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2008, 10:34:19 PM »

This game officially scares the crap out of me.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2008, 10:40:08 PM »

On lowest graphics settings everything is at the same level of illumination, which makes it less scary, but still good Cool

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Snake
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2008, 06:46:40 AM »

Thar she is:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/constrictor

Buying the full version today. I've already played the hell out of the demo. This could be a pretty grand thing if we get all the tiggers together for some zombie mayhem.

C418
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2008, 04:14:41 PM »

http://steamcommunity.com/id/c418

ogogogo.

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2008, 06:07:55 PM »

Man, this game is one of the many reasons I need to get a decent desktop PC. I would so rather play this on Steam instead of Live.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Gnarf
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2008, 07:22:20 PM »

I haven't bought the game yet. I played one game in the demo with AI team-mates, at the default difficulty, and it was horribly boring. But according to people I was going about it all wrong and it's actually super neat. I dunno.

Anyway! Ihinterviuew.

Quote from: Chet Faliszek
In L4D, the virus does attack mammals, so there is a chance we will see zombie dolphins, which I guess your readers will then want boats for, so they can run over the zombie dolphins! Where will it end?
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2008, 07:25:06 PM »

I haven't bought the game yet. I played one game in the demo with AI team-mates, at the default difficulty, and it was horribly boring. But according to people I was going about it all wrong and it's actually super neat. I dunno.
You need co-op, and you need expert difficulty.
You pretty much can't lose on anything except expert, regardless of your skill in videogames.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2008, 10:26:28 PM »

You pretty much can't lose on anything except expert, regardless of your skill in videogames.

You need versus which is so much harder than the campaign on expert but in a totally different way. When you are playing against people the element of time is suddenly a factor, because if you stand still they will be all over you. Not to mention human beings can be terribly crafty and when you have to deal with two hunters, a smoker, and a boomer attacking at the same time in a coordinated fashion you need a whole lot of luck to survive.
Gnarf
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2008, 08:45:38 AM »

Yeah, that was what people said. And the can't lose bit was what bugged me when I played the demo. It still really bugs me that judging by the default difficulty setting (which is, you know, default), someone's idea of zombie survival is to survive a lot. Mess up horrible and have one hundred zombies each take a little nibble of you and like, survive, cos it's survival.

Anyway. That's all irrelevant now. I had completely forgotten about Mike Patton doing voice acting for the infected. So fanboyism should kick in and take care of that purchase.
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2008, 07:16:46 AM »

I just played for the first time at a friend's house with 4 PCs hooked up.  8.5 hours logged in a single night of play.  To be honest, we cruised through the less-than-expert difficulty, and I didn't really find the game that entertaining.  Then we cranked it up to expert and it turned into a game that almost required SWAT training to survive in.

I really felt pushed to my limits as far as FPS strategy and coordination go, and had a blast.  We made it to the roof of the hospital, and after 15 attempts we had to call it a night, or morning... it was 3 and a half hours of one mission, but it was amazing 100% of the way.  Fuckin tank guys.
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2008, 07:35:47 AM »

Fuckin tank guys.

Amen.
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2008, 08:37:15 AM »

I just played for the first time at a friend's house with 4 PCs hooked up.  8.5 hours logged in a single night of play.  To be honest, we cruised through the less-than-expert difficulty, and I didn't really find the game that entertaining.  Then we cranked it up to expert and it turned into a game that almost required SWAT training to survive in.

I really felt pushed to my limits as far as FPS strategy and coordination go, and had a blast.  We made it to the roof of the hospital, and after 15 attempts we had to call it a night, or morning... it was 3 and a half hours of one mission, but it was amazing 100% of the way.  Fuckin tank guys.

My friends and I had a similar experience, except we jumped right into expert. Took us almost 8 hours to get to the roof of the hospital and try it a few times before we had to stop. That part is next to impossible, but so much fun.

We have also been trying to play versus lateley, but everyone always drops in like the second mission, and we end up playing against 1 person and some bots, which is really lame. Does this happen to anyone else?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic