Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411572 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 10:50:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralOur games
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Our games  (Read 1301 times)
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2008, 11:30:28 PM »

If this is something you guys have gone over and over before I joined, kindly delete this thread.

So, I have heard some talk about this here and there on the forums, and decided to make a thread where this talk can live and grow. The basic idea is this:

We have a feedback forum. It's mostly for unfinished games, and it's for feedback. We also have an announcements forum, wich is mixed up with announcements of peoples change in sexual orientation and so on. In Indie games we are not allowed to post about our own games. What I want is a subforum named Our Games, TIGs Games or something like that. Can be under Community.

This forum is supposed to be a clean list of games, our games. Every thread contains a finished game, that you can download and play on the spot. Here is my proposal for the subforum rules:

1: Every thread must contain a finished and playable game.
2: This game has to be made by a TIGer, preferably the one that posts it.
3: This is not a feedback forum. Of course we discuss the games in their threads, but the comments are mainly to improve the artists next project, not this one. Don't expect your feedback to change the game.
4: If you download and play a game, please write some little thought or word of encouragement to it's creator. He/she has propably spent many, many hours working on this, and the least you can do is to let him/her know that you have played it and what you think about it.

Maybe a little grading system would be nice? Don't know if the forum supports this, but maybe you can use the poll function?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 11:56:04 PM by JLJac » Logged
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 11:32:41 PM »

http://db.tigsource.com

?

Gentleman

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 11:45:19 PM »

Hm, got a point there. But it's not a forum, so we are not able to discuss the games. Maybe you could link from the database to a forum thread where people can comment and discuss? Also the forum form is great becuase the newest stuff appear at the top, making it easy to find.
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 11:48:18 PM »

We also have an announcements forum. Here we are not allowed to post about our own games

... I think we are Tongue
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 11:53:25 PM »

My humple appologies. Main post edited.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic