Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 11:51:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralUpdate
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Update  (Read 1563 times)
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2008, 10:19:06 AM »

I moved out of the house a few weeks ago to a place on the big island of Hawaii. I was expecting a touristy area, the thought of nice and well groomed people from all over the world made me shutter. But I had to go for reasons left unsaid.

The place was mostly run down. Touristy side of the island was the voggy, unclean side. Turned out I was staying at the depressed, run down side. Familiar, like a lot of places I've been.

I was going to be working on a farm for the duration of my stay, needed the money flow.

The whole place was overrun. Filthy stinking hippies. Farm was in shambles, run down, people with long hair and bare feet lazed about, didn't do any work. The employers were enthused about me, they'd never had anyone who worked on a real farm before. Told them I'd think about it. Hippies.

Stayed with two of my best friends, a talented writer and ceramicist who've been living on the island for some time. While I was there I focused on writing two of my books, got pretty far in them. One is the true story of Smithy, lots of traumatic memories in there, about the women, death, and fights in the northwoods. Co-authoring it with my talented writer friend. We're 54,000 words into it now. The other is now 30,000 words. That's all irrelevant.

Second day I was there I had renounced business pants, third was underwear, fourth was footwear, fifth I started wearing flowers in my hair. Beard was huge and hair was getting long. Due to an injury some years ago, I'm not able to make the 'hang loose' symbol, so I used the peace symbol to wave hello instead.

I started getting job offers doing the same sort of work I'd done in the woods, except I'd be paid for it, and the equipment would be maintained. Things were looking good. I'd have income flow, unlike those filthy stinking hippies.

Fifth day I was sitting on the corner of some street, flirting with a tired looking girl, when her drunken boyfriend came shambling up the street, yelling at cars that passed him too close. Guy was at least twice her age, and his teeth were black. Looked like a pirate. Didn't like it when he saw me. Everywhere I go, there's some guy who wants to stab me, I've come to realize.

And now I'm back in wisconsin, I learned there's a sickness in the family, things are temporarily on hold at the moment.

I've decided to update tigsource.

What's the news?

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 11:12:42 AM »

i have ascended to level ten
fish came back
emo pandas
pokemon
jinky jonky

The-Imp
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 11:15:13 AM »

i have ascended to level ten
fish came back
emo pandas
pokemon
jinky jonky
Rescue the Beagles was finished, but I can't play.
eddietree
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 02:09:49 PM »

and the zombie outbreak has taken over a great portion of the midwest.

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 02:31:42 PM »

But I had to go for reasons left unsaid.
Smithy is a member of the FIA: Farmer's Intelligence Agency. He heard reports of a kudzu outbreak on the islands.

Skofo got banned.

PowerglovedAndy totally got banned too!

We've been experiencing a prolonged high-pressure front lately, which means way too many spambots. On a lighter note, TIGHDI (TIG Hot Dogs Incorporated) has been celebrating profits far greater than their original projections.

The Fashion Industry declared 1) Pokemon, 2) Barbarian, and 3) "Jinky Jonk" avatar crazes.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 02:32:02 PM »

bawbawians

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 03:06:10 PM »