Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411658 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 10:32:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGalaxian-esque shooter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Galaxian-esque shooter  (Read 1418 times)
whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« on: September 29, 2013, 01:26:37 PM »

Hi all,

I made a fairly quick prototype this week, and wondered if there are any arcade game fans willing to play and give some feedback. It's hexagon-focused because the September one game a month theme was hexagons, and this was a good excuse to play around and make something I've never made before, while keeping it visually simple. I'd eventually like to choose a stronger theme and update the graphics to be more snazzy, etc. But more important, I want to know if it's any fun for other people  Smiley

The game is best played with an xbox 360 or similar game pad, but keyboard also works.

System Requirements:
  • Windows PC
  • Keyboard or Gamepad
  • Mostly any graphics card and screen resolution of at least 640px high

So far I've had a lot of fun making it and playing it. My best high score so far is 9326. Here's a link if you're keen to try it: http://whilefun.com/hexagone.php

I hope you have fun. I'd like to get a feel for how you find the pace, difficulty, etc., but any and all feedback welcome! Also, please post your high score  Grin

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 07:10:37 AM by whilefun » Logged

mgatland
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 08:57:28 AM »

I liked the sound a lot – especially the swooping sound that the green hexagons made, that was quite scary. I also liked the little tunes that played between games and when I lost a life.

I liked the concept, but felt like it was quite slow paced. After I shot all the green shapes, slowly clearing out the blue shapes that were left over was not very exciting.
whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 09:42:50 AM »

I liked the sound a lot – especially the swooping sound that the green hexagons made, that was quite scary. I also liked the little tunes that played between games and when I lost a life.

I liked the concept, but felt like it was quite slow paced. After I shot all the green shapes, slowly clearing out the blue shapes that were left over was not very exciting.

Thanks for playing and for your feedback Smiley I was thinking that the blue things could move faster or change behavior once the green things were gone, so that the last part of each stage would be a bit more frantic. Sort of like in Mario when the music changes once you hit 100 seconds left in the level.

What do you think?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic