Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411660 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 02:32:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingNeed Thoughts: Ball Boomer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need Thoughts: Ball Boomer  (Read 519 times)
BobHoil
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2013, 11:02:20 AM »

I just recently released my game onto the Google Play Store, but I am having a hard time getting feedback on what needs improvement.  I was hoping you guys here, can give me some constructive criticism on what needs improvement.  I have included the link to the game below.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gregfroning.ballboomer

Any feedback is welcome, whether it is about the physics, bugs you found, or maybe mechanics tweaks that need to be in place.

Any help would be great!  Grin
glocks
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 11:37:15 AM »

Just played the game for about 15 min, the first few levels. Pretty interesting and fun concept/design, and could be really awesome with a little bit more polish. Here's my feedback:

- Indicate which item you're about to place by having the button highlighted (if you've selected a bumper, have the bumper button filled in, etc.) I sometimes would accidentally place a different object than I wanted to and would have to clear the board.
- Have a way to move around terrain objects already placed. That way, if the player misplaces something, they don't have to clear the board.
- Make the terrain points obvious. Sometimes it was hard for me to position things correctly due to the point being a small pixel. A nice to have: show preview lines between each point as you place them before running.
- Maybe having slightly easier levels in the beginning with one bomb or just one of the items. It'll give an easier learning curve and teach the player each of the terrain objects in isolation.

That's my feedback, otherwise the game seems pretty fun! There's a lot of potential for players to be creative in their solutions to the puzzles, so definitely take advantage of that!

twitter: @_glocks
BobHoil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 08:10:39 AM »

Thanks for checking it out, and your feedback is great! Just the kind of feedback I was looking for.  I have added those to my list of things to potentially add, and am testing different ways to achieve each.

I will work on adding a simplified first level, maybe with walk through directions too.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic