Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411665 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 07:11:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingThread
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Thread  (Read 593 times)
cangamestudio
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2013, 07:27:24 AM »

-Removed-
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:52:42 PM by cangamestudio » Logged
pladmi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 03:25:11 AM »

First of all I would do something about your logo. It is not good at all. Next, you should fix your spacing issues with fonts. Then, make viewing changelog and controls optional, make a main menu for the game.

As for the actual game, I don't like it at all so far. It is clearly unfinished and raw. It took me about 20 seconds walking on the map to find a battle with some Dark Spectres and I already have a ton of questions. Who am I? Who are they? Who the hell are 33-C and Flint Lowell? What is my aim in the game?

The art style is a bit weird. It consists of images of different resolutions, that are sometimes rescaled, and the result is not really good-looking. The battle interface is a bit uncomfortable and hard to understand.

All in all it was a negative experience. I'm not saying your game is doomed. Maybe, it is bad because it is in early stage. But if you want positive feedback and not bug reports I think you shouldn't present something as raw.

P.S. It may be not my business at all, but your Kickstarter page should focus on why your game is good and unique, not on the story, monsters, implementation details and features (some of which, like day-night change, aren't even features).

Lets be friends!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic