Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411673 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 17, 2024, 03:12:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsProcedural GenerationR.A.G Time Platform
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: R.A.G Time Platform  (Read 7510 times)
camosid
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2008, 07:10:12 AM »

To start off. I am a manbaby. I also know nothing of coding or creating games. I will need help to make this. Please tell me if this is even possible before I try to go any furthur.

My Idea is to make a file generated platformer.
The first thing is a picture. It would break the picture up and use the individual colors to make the color scheme for the game. If possible using some type of color identification program to seperate complementary colors and such.

The second would be any file. I dont know the specifics of what aspect determines what but I do know that I want it to be able to generate the level layout's, Enemy and character sprites, and the type of gameplay.

The gameplay can be a mixture of three types. Shooter, Explorer, or straight up platformer. To do this I would have to make a number of weapons and tools. Weapons would add to the shooter aspect while tools add to the exploration. Lack of either makes for a straight up jumper.

I know that this is way over ambitious but I thought I would just put it out there. If I even begin to make this I dont expect it will done by the deadline without alot of help.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 04:52:59 AM by Derek » Logged
acidBatterie
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 01:57:09 PM »

for real? o.0
increpare
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 02:03:16 PM »

Robotacon
Pixelhead
Level 3

Story mode

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 10:20:06 AM »

Your idea isn't as weird as it might first sound. It resembles Barcode Fighters where you use the barcodes from household product and create wizards and warriors and swords and what ever.

I hope you get someone that helps you out with this project.

Also:
  dropTD [FINISHED]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 10:23:52 AM by robotacon » Logged
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 07:14:06 PM »

What is this "Barcode Fighter"? Sounds awesome.

Also, on topic, anything happened to this project? Sounded verr ambitious, but I don't code, so...
acidBatterie
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 08:19:45 PM »

o shit, yeah, i remember barcode fighters...dam scanner hardly worked  Sad
Dugan
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 06:37:21 AM »

Do you mean this? - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barcode_Battler ?
I think in the UK they were barcode battlers, i vaguely remember some stories in the press at the time of kids hunting through food stores for the best barcodes to scan. Wacky concept

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 05:06:08 AM »

Over here we had Skannerz. It was a lot like Digimon, with a very bland and obvious scissors-paper-rock battle system. It was annoying because there were three versions, one for each team, and if you found a barcode from an enemy team, you had to fight the monsters there instead of using them. So 2/3 barcodes were enemies. Also, it came with a special barcode that heals your monsters, but I used it so many times that it wore out and all my monsters died  :D

Last I heard they released a DBZ edition.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic