Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411581 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 09:22:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeBad games to remake?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Bad games to remake?  (Read 10755 times)
falsion
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2010, 02:46:40 PM »

I think we all can universally agree that that Cheetahmen is a bad game. Or even Action 52 in general.

That's why it's the best candidate for a remake. It has an awesome concept and the best music ever. It has to be the most deserving universally accepted bad game in need of a remake.

See my previous post in this thread.

oh crap, sorry. I didn't know that anyone actually replied to me the first time. I assumed everyone skimmed over my first post and began talking about other stuff.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2010, 10:56:04 PM »

STRETCH PANIC

It had AMAZING potential, GREAT character designs, and an AWESOME mechanic! But... it came off as more of a play-test than anything else, and was sorely lacking in anything else. It really deserves to be what it could have been; one of the greatest games Treasure has ever made!
moonmagic
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2010, 01:11:48 PM »

I'd like to see Wild Metal Country remade. As a turn-based game. With an RTS element.

I guess I really just want a cross-platform version of Moonbase Commander.

|
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2010, 03:19:52 PM »

I'd like to see Wild Metal Country remade. As a turn-based game. With an RTS element.

That sounds really neat, actually. But maybe not turn based...
moonmagic
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2010, 03:24:29 PM »

That sounds really neat, actually. But maybe not turn based...

Yeah, I just really like artillery games. Moment of silliness.

|
Paint by Numbers
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2010, 03:38:49 PM »

oh crap, sorry. I didn't know that anyone actually replied to me the first time. I assumed everyone skimmed over my first post and began talking about other stuff.

All is well!

If I could remake a bad game besides Action 52, it would be Super Monkey Daibouken. As a horror game. No reason. I was just watching a small video review of it and felt that the huge, completely empty world and the bizarre battle sequences made the entire game feel lonely and just downright scary. I guess it would be a bit like Yume Nikki or Shadow of the Colossus or any other games that use loneliness and vastness to disturb the player.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2010, 12:52:27 PM »

I think we all can universally agree that that Cheetahmen is a bad game. Or even Action 52 in general.

That's why it's the best candidate for a remake. It has an awesome concept and the best music ever. It has to be the most deserving universally accepted bad game in need of a remake.

If you pull the stereo out of a crappy car and put it in a new car, it's not so much remaking the car as it is salvaging the stereo.

Don't remake bad games. Salvage good concepts and put them in a game that makes them work.

I'm also unsure whether or not I agree with Paul. On one hand, he's right, what I think makes a game 'bad' could be and probably is something another person really enjoys. On the other hand, there are games out there that just don't offer anything that hasn't already been done a lot better. What's the difference between 'almost universally despised' and 'bad'?

-SirNiko
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2010, 01:47:27 PM »

You can play Clash at Demonhead here (via in-browser Java emulator).

Crashes and burns on me halfway through - but either way, the thread is about remakes, no? I think it's a great candidate, personally, having some really neat ideas... the floating SHOP! and lava super suits! and fairies!

Ah, well.. carry on!  Shrug
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic