Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411607 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 06:52:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessDoes anyone have any experience with Epic Store?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Does anyone have any experience with Epic Store?  (Read 762 times)
Tudvari
Level 0

How much cheese is too much cheese?

View Profile WWW
« on: January 28, 2024, 10:28:06 PM »

Hi guys!

It's hard to find enough data, and more importantly up to date data regarding the Epic Store. So it would mean a lot if you could share your experiences with me/us. Smiley

I am thinking about releasing on my game on Epic as well, while focusing my marketing on Steam due to their bigger audience, my limited marketing budget and the internet's limited marketing space.

However there are no suggestion algorithms on the Epic Store.

Does that mean that if I don't market the page, there isn't a small trickle of incoming wishlists like on Steam?
Or there is, just smaller, due to not having a suggestion system?

Let me rephrase that: If I don't bring any traffic to my Epic page, I'll be the last entry forever while browsing the store?

I'm asking this because porting the achievements, releasing, etc. shouldn't be a big problem. But it takes some time. So if there isn't a small trickle of wishlists flowing, it will generate zero profit while it costs me hours of work (and also $100)...

Thanks in advance for all the comments! Smiley
ryansumo
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 02:05:18 PM »

Hi, my experience with the Epic store back end is fairly limited, but I did take away one insight from my time with it working for a big publisher.

The main problem with Epic is that they have not built any kind of community or communications platform around it in the same way that Steam has, and Epic has made this the cornerstore of their store.

They promised a store that has no reviews, no forums, and no communications with players. And they delivered. The problem is then you have players that have no reason to go back to the store for updates to the game or anything like that.

So for example if you made a big update on Steam you could make a news post out of it which would be broadcast to players. Epic doesn't give you any of that.

Not really an answer but I hope it was helpful regardless.

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2024, 03:35:05 PM »

Epic is not great as a focus for a primary store as they have a sort of clunky interface and little user discovery stuff. We do make (a few) sales on there when discounting our games (Anodyne 2/Sephonie), so even if you don't do much promotion of the store page (which I don't know the effect of - we focus entirely on Steam)  - you may still sell a few copies here and there.

play hydlide 2
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic