Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 04:26:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLooking for 3d artist and programmer to make a game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for 3d artist and programmer to make a game  (Read 1612 times)
Vox
« on: January 29, 2012, 06:53:34 PM »

Hi i am a young aspiring game developer I am mostly a game designer and i have been honing my skills for the past year i am learning how to be an artist i have always loved creating and but have never had the time to really learn and am starting now to really work on my art.

The minimum size team I am looking for is 3 people including me.

1.advance 3d programer using a pre-made engine is fine but if you want to build you own engine that is fine too.

2. An advance 3d artist  who is dedicated.

3.Designer(Me)/the rest of the team

Maybe 4. Musician

First I want to make some prototype game so we can get a sense of how we work together and if you like the other team members their are no hard feelings if you decide to leave we will find some one who is a better fit for the tea.

The end goal game I am hoping to make is a throw back to the difficulty of old games and the sense of accomplishment by beating those games. I want to mix new school tech with old school ideals.

The game I am hoping to make is a 3d action rpg game. I have been inspired by Super Meat Boy Binding of Isaac, spelunky and Metroid. The progression in the game will not be set levels like in mario but more like a Metroid style exploration where there are areas in the world and you can choose where and when to go to them. But as you play you gain items/skills that allow you better to traverse certain areas. An example would be there is a elemental enemy that if you try and attack with the current weapons you have will just power the enemy so you have to find a new weapon in one of the areas that you have already explored so you can take down those enemies.

Time Frame
I am hoping the game will take a year to a year and a half it all depends on the dedication of the team. I realize this is a ambitious game but i believe if you never try and make a big game how will you ever become a full time indie as probaly the majority of people on this forum want to be.

General Points

Weapons/Items
I want lots of weapons and items so that the player has a lot of option while playing and a lot of replay-ability with the large variation in possible combinations of abilities spells and weapons.

Difficulty Level
I want the game to be difficult but a fair difficult like super meat boy. Super meat boy is a super difficult game but at no time requires memorization like in some old games it all has to do with the skill of the player. I also want the difficulty yo be rewarding so when a player beats an area they have been having trouble with that are filled with excitement.

Time Frame
I don't have a set time frame for the development of this game i except it to be in the range of a year to a year and a half. It depends on if the programmer develops his own engine or if we use a pre-existing engine. It will also depend on the dedication of the team to the development of the game I will spend most of my time on the game because it's what I love the grind of making games.

Bosses
I want the bosses to cause a lot of trouble for players so when they do in fact beat it they feel a great feeling of success. I want the bosses to literally be set pieces i don't necessarily want them to be massive but  complex and extravagant

Contact Me
If you are interested in helping out please contact me by either pm me on TIG or email me at [email protected] or contact me in Skype at deadlyaflac.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 01:33:18 PM by Vox » Logged
Geeze
Level 5

Totally.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 11:09:26 AM »

The progression in the game will not be set levels like in mario but more like a Metroid style exploration where there are areas in the world and you can choose where and when to go to them. But as you play you gain items/skills that allow you better to traverse certain areas. An example would be there is a elemental enemy that if you try and attack with the current weapons you have will just power the enemy so you have to find a new weapon in one of the areas that you have already explored so you can take down those enemies.

There's a better word for that: Metroidvania.
And also that Dark Souls pretty much matches your game description. (just noticing)

Vox
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 11:47:30 AM »

I realize it sounds like dark souls but this was just the game I want to make I will really be completely open to change I just want to get a team together and make a game kind of along these lines. I mean it is a collaboration any ways this was just my idea but if the other members want to make a different game I am cool with that.

And sorry but this whole comparing game based on ideas kind of annoys me these days I have seeing it more and more just because it is the same genre doesn't mean its the same game. People are doing that with the recent game Dustforce and Super Meat Boy. The games are both precision platformers and everyone seems to be saying its not as good as super meat boy but they are different games. I can see how they can be compared but i mean everyone seems to  be down on it just because it is a precision platformer that came out after the success of Super Meat Boy.(sorry for mini rant)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 12:13:22 PM by Vox » Logged
andrewjb
Level 0

srsly u guise.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 01:20:26 PM »

And sorry but this whole comparing game based on ideas kind of annoys me these days I have seeing it more and more just because it is the same genre doesn't mean its the same game. People are doing that with the recent game Dustforce and Super Meat Boy. The games are both precision platformers and everyone seems to be saying its not as good as super meat boy but they are different games. I can see how they can be compared but i mean everyone seems to  be down on it just because it is a precision platformer that came out after the success of Super Meat Boy.(sorry for mini rant)

This has always been pretty common in the industry. It's something all game designers need to get used to, I think. Most people who make these comparisons aren't trying to imply the idea isn't good, but rather that it's familiar to them. Sometimes these comparisons are incredibly useful when trying to convey an idea to someone during a pitch. My 2 cents.

As far as your pitch goes, if you have never made a game from concept to completion, I highly suggest you start with something a LOT simpler. I can guarantee you that a majority of the teams that put out big successful projects have a long list a simple experimental prototypes and failures that came before it.

Good luck with your game!  Coffee
Vox
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 01:30:24 PM »

And sorry but this whole comparing game based on ideas kind of annoys me these days I have seeing it more and more just because it is the same genre doesn't mean its the same game. People are doing that with the recent game Dustforce and Super Meat Boy. The games are both precision platformers and everyone seems to be saying its not as good as super meat boy but they are different games. I can see how they can be compared but i mean everyone seems to  be down on it just because it is a precision platformer that came out after the success of Super Meat Boy.(sorry for mini rant)

This has always been pretty common in the industry. It's something all game designers need to get used to, I think. Most people who make these comparisons aren't trying to imply the idea isn't good, but rather that it's familiar to them. Sometimes these comparisons are incredibly useful when trying to convey an idea to someone during a pitch. My 2 cents.

As far as your pitch goes, if you have never made a game from concept to completion, I highly suggest you start with something a LOT simpler. I can guarantee you that a majority of the teams that put out big successful projects have a long list a simple experimental prototypes and failures that came before it.

Good luck with your game!  Coffee

well i have made games from concept to completion i just haven't released any most of the games have been experimental games with weird mechanics.And i realize they will always be comparisons i just hate when that comparison ends up just saying they are bad because you can compare them i didn't mean to attack that guy it just kind of pulled the rant out of me.
Yea I realize we need prototypes first but this is more of me setting an end goal for a team to make a game. I probably should have said that lol editing time.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 01:46:53 PM by Vox » Logged
Vox
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 12:54:36 PM »

Sorry all positions filled
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic