Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 09:06:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMainasutto: I'm not Alone || A Metroidvania Where Your Choices Matter!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: Mainasutto: I'm not Alone || A Metroidvania Where Your Choices Matter!  (Read 25258 times)
DAndrëwBox
Level 0

The mind behind Mainasutto

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2019, 04:52:33 PM »

Gardens
(OG Posts: (1) (2))

Because Crystal Caverns is an area that deserves much more work in detail due to its level of importance in the plot during the game, I decided to work only the basics I needed during that time and then focus on the following area: Underground Gardens.

In the gif you can see a first look of this area during 2018, using tiles created by the wonderful Elisha Ramos. (Unfortunately this was the last area we worked for quite some time since then)

(Underground Gardens area first look)

Although in this and future gifs Keybold (prologue character) is observed in the Gardens, this does not mean that he's playable in this specific area by the player... Or maybe it will be?
The truth is that I can not tell yet, but I have present for a future post.

You can see this area from another perspective during a part of the cutscene posted on 2018 on the second meeting with White Body. This time starring Ebul, the character playable in much of the game by the player.

(White Body second Meeting)

It was at this point that I came up with the idea of generating different White Body meetings during the game (despite having this idea in sketch for years, I could never implement it until this moment), and that each encounter delivers information to the player to check how is going in the game.

Needless to say, White Body is a unique character in the story, since he is the only one who is aware that he is inside a video game, so he has no problem breaking the fourth wall many times. So I thought it would be a good idea to guide the player to the true ending, especially in a game like this with different endings.

(This idea of guiding the player will be very important in some posts later on.)

|| Steam || Twitter || Discord ||
DAndrëwBox
Level 0

The mind behind Mainasutto

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2023, 09:19:01 AM »

Wishlist on Steam Now!

< PREMISE >

Mainasutto: I'm not Alone is a metroidvania about time, set on a dark fantasy world,
where decision making is crucial for our protagonists to save their timeline.

< SYNOPSIS >

Time stopped, and creatures of this world have been living within the same night for years,
yet no one remembers the time this happened or the world before this.

Occasionally the hands of a mysterious clock appear in the sky, some called it the Doomsday Clock,
and no one knows what will happen when the hands return to the beginning.

The Council, who now rules and control what the world can or cannot do, discovered a way to make the hands move,
however, there are some individuals who have been able to remember their life before the "incident"
and try to stop them since these could be bringing the world to an end,
they formed a group of rebels calling themselves Reminiscence.

Both The Council and Reminiscence search for the pieces of a mysterious artifact that seems to have
the power to control time if its pieces are put together

You enter here, taking control of Keybold and Ebura members of opposing groups,
can you make the right decisions to save the world?

< SCREENSHOTS >

< FEATURES >

Non-Lineal Exploration
Explore each barrier of temporal corruption and discover the different areas seeking to
save your timeline, in a dreamlike, dark and corrupt world.

Self-Paced Combat
Attack, dash, parry and attack again! or just relax and explore the world and do some sidequest.
Level up, learn new skills, meet new friends and enemies, or just go and fight every boss and
complete the game as fast as possible.
It's your choice!

Completionist?
Discover the world where time stops, and explore this cursed vast lands full of different characters!
Find over 100 quests, multiple companions and optional areas to test your skills
while an epic pixel art & chiptune soundtrack follow you during your adventure.

Customize Yourself
Discover new skills, collect soul fragments, equip yourself with upgrades and
change your weapon according to your combat style.
Experiment with different combinations and discover the one you like the most.

Choose Your Side
Play 2 sides of the same story! Ebura's "Reminiscense" story and Keybold's "Council" story,
two rival clans looking for the same but with different visions.
Your choices will lead one of the clans to the victory.

Change The Future
Change our destiny, save your friends, kill your enemies, make a choice.
Every action matters, every decision you make, every path you take, and every character you met,
may change the future of this world and the length of our story.
Would you get all the endings?

< FOLLOW THE JOURNEY >

Discord | Steam | Twitter

After a long time, I finally released a Steam page for the game and updated the main page!

|| Steam || Twitter || Discord ||
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic