Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 10:37:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralGames you want to play but can't
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Games you want to play but can't  (Read 11780 times)
Seth
« on: November 21, 2007, 09:58:40 AM »

Post about obscure games that you may never get to play!

Marvelous: Another Treasure Island
Marvelous: Mouhitotsu no Takarajima

This is a game designed by Eiji Aonuma.  It is obviously inspiried by A Link to the Past.  Apparently it plays like Zelda mixed with Lost Vikings, as you control three characters to solve puzzles.  Also, it seems Eiji got his job working on Zelda games when Miyamoto saw this game.  It's a wonder it hasn't been translated yet!

Also, at the beginning, an old man orders his gang of monkets to carry him around on a platform:

Why?  Who the fuck knows!

Don't mean to keep this about Japanese games, and reason why you will (likely) never play a game is valid.  Untranslated, vaporware, etc.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 10:04:51 AM »

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 11:58:07 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GiFTPiA

On the day of his coming of age ceremony, Pockle oversleeps and misses the whole thing. The mayor of the island is so incensed that he orders Pockle's arrest and a fine of 5 million Bell to recoup the costs of the event.

video here

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/videos_editeurs/0000/00003452/giftpia_f1q0.htm

I like how they blur out his face at the start of the game because he's underage (because he missed the ceremony, duh) and that's what they do for underage criminals on tv in Japan apparently.

Also I am one of Chibi Robo!'s biggest fans so I really want to play other skip games.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 11:59:58 AM by haowan » Logged

Eden
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 11:59:42 AM »

Power Lines:

Power Lines, by Sony Computer Entertainment, was a title announced in 1999 alongside the PS2. A promotional movie was released utilizing the new capabilities of the PS2 and featured a young girl holding onto electrical power lines and using them to move herself about. Though the game portrayed a seemingly normal, everyday world, the bizarre sight of people hanging onto power lines made the game a topic of discussion at the time.
Advenith
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 02:07:40 AM »

heLLo,       ciTiZen. we can heaR everYthing you sAy.        we know wHat you taLK about, we knOw wHat you hear, and we knoW what you rEAd. sUbversiVe fiLth. yoUr kind wiLl be clEansed from the eArth. why     reSiSt? eVen if wE can't      finD you, the druGs will. it's Only a mAtter of tiMe.
Blueskied
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 04:27:23 AM »

Cave Story.
On my german keyboard layout Z and X are too far away.

Karl, Blueskied Games - Gratis Spiele (my german site)
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 05:09:18 AM »

Cave Story.

Tried joy2key?
Or changing your keyboard layout to UK/US? I mean the keys would be in the right place even if the letters on them were wrong...

Skyleak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 06:01:20 AM »

I wish I had an OS 7 or 7.5 around =(
Agh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 08:15:11 AM »

Cave Story.
Theres a simple solution for your problem
Press the Shift and Alt key simultaneously once to swap the Y and Z keys. Useful for shooters which uses the Z, X, C key configuration.

Anyways I didn't know this trick when I played Cave story, so I used my little finger for x and forefinger for z...
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2007, 02:09:02 PM »

LA-MULANA!!! I was playing it on my friends computer in Texas, but I live in Florida. I can't play it now!!! (I can play it, but it runs slower than molasses)

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Squirrelsquid
Pixelhead
Level 1

oh! you need that nut?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2007, 05:06:57 PM »

Cave Story.
Press the Shift and Alt key simultaneously once to swap the Y and Z keys. Useful for shooters which uses the Z, X, C key configuration.

Anyways I didn't know this trick when I played Cave story, so I used my little finger for x and forefinger for z...

same here... beat it with my little finger Tongue

There was this one French shoot em up going sideways and topdown at the same time. You could always change persective ingame... no idea how it was called, so no pictures...
gnawingonfoot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 01:47:39 AM »

LA-MULANA!!! I was playing it on my friends computer in Texas, but I live in Florida. I can't play it now!!! (I can play it, but it runs slower than molasses)

I'm in the same boat as you.  It is always tragic when beautifully retro games have unfortunately modern sysreqs.

Panzer Dragoon Orta.  I've owned it since just after it came out, yet I can't afford an X-Box and don't have any friends who could loan me one.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 08:23:27 AM by gnawingonfoot » Logged
Blueskied
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 12:26:48 PM »

Hm,this does not work. F4 to switch between fullscreen/windowed does not work either.
Is Cave Story even a Game Maker game?

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 12:31:42 PM »

Is Cave Story even a Game Maker game?
Fuck no it ain't!
Also, I think you can only play it in fullscreen?

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Blueskied
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 01:09:17 PM »

Oh yes, F4 is only for Game Maker.

rey-o
Level 1

'here i am, rock you like a hurricane'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 01:58:15 PM »

Mother 3, since I don't understand Japanese.

Also, I was reading an interview with Miyamoto and he mentioned this GC game that didn't make it to the colonies, Doshin the Giant. You play as a large yellow giant who goes around an island doing good or bad deeds, a precursor to Black and White, it seems...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doshin_the_Giant

cheers, rey-o
BenH
Level 2

Dirty boy, wash your hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 02:30:06 PM »

Panzer Dragoon Orta.  I've owned it since just after it came out, yet I can't afford an X-Box and don't have any friends who could loan me one.

Original Xboxes are pretty damn cheap these days..

Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 02:38:30 PM »

Super Mario Galaxy

Come on, it's GOTY! But sadly I don't have a Wii and here where I live Wii's are REALLY expensive. I could buy them via internet but it's hard to find a Wii. Also, I won't pay 400+ dollars for one Wii on eBay or any auction site, and I don't really want to recourse to piracy... I have some friends with Wii's here so I might get the game and play it on someone's home.

Hearthstead: Hand Point Right Website - Twitter Hand Point Left

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS! Behance portfolio
the_dannobot
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 04:37:44 PM »

THERE IS A MANIAC IN THE WOODS

I want to play this game...

Dannobot on Twitter
Skyleak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 12:42:11 AM »

Super Mario Galaxy

Come on, it's GOTY! But sadly I don't have a Wii and here where I live Wii's are REALLY expensive. I could buy them via internet but it's hard to find a Wii. Also, I won't pay 400+ dollars for one Wii on eBay or any auction site, and I don't really want to recourse to piracy... I have some friends with Wii's here so I might get the game and play it on someone's home.

I'm getting a Wii for Christmas yay, then I can play super mario galaxy  AKA "UR MR GAY"
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic