Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411594 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 08, 2024, 01:03:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessGameTunnel.com Beta
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: GameTunnel.com Beta  (Read 3502 times)
gradgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 12, 2011, 12:49:33 PM »

Good old GameTunnel.com is currently on the mend and will be coming back soon.  Here's a concept image of the new site:

Currently, I am completely overwhelmed with porting everything from the old gametunnel.com over to the new site, but the new site is coded and seems to be working great.  I would love to get some indie devs beta testing the new site and registered as authors (this will allow you to add your own games to the site).  If you're interested please PM me.

I will probably open the site to anyone interested in the coming weeks.

Relaunch is set for August 2011.

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 11:21:56 PM »

Great news! PM sent.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
Booger
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 02:01:07 AM »

Looks very nice.  I remember when indiegames mostly had Poser sprites with jagged edges!  Now it's hard to tell them apart from other games!  My projects would have fitted in with the old site, but now I must up my game!
bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 02:05:56 AM »

GameTunnel's coming back? Excellent! TigerHand Thumbs Up Right

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 04:30:10 AM »

Sent u a PM Wink

radioact1ve
Level 0

What?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 12:33:19 PM »

Excellent work. Can't wait to test things out!

gradgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 02:53:22 PM »

We're about a week away from the big public release, but I'm opening the site up to all TIG Forums users.  We're finalizing everything and will switch over nameservers this weekend, but until then you can get a sneak peak by visiting: http://173.199.139.200/~gametun/

Feel free to add your games or email/PM us for affiliate deals or advertising.

Zaphos
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 06:48:56 PM »

Overall looks like a pretty nice site!  Can't tell if you want feedback ... I'll just post some comments and you can ignore them if you want Tongue

- The big thing that flips through top articles doesn't work very well.  If I hover over the panels on the right, sometimes the main image just goes blank (it's kind of random, if you just kind of wave the mouse over them you'll probably reproduce it though).

- Launching with a bunch of articles from 2009 as the promoted content seems a bit weak ... is it really that hard to find four new games to write about?  Or I guess if you only want monthly roundups for articles, you could maybe do a simple "GameTunnel is back!" announcement/article to make it clear why the bizarre jump and explain your plans for the new iteration of the site.

- Having a random "iOS best of list" as the July 2011 roundup seems weird and silly.  Also please link to the games as you mention them in the article.  For the header, a photo of one of the games would be nicer than a generic ipad photo.

- If a game is not yet user rated, the site says its score is 0.0 ... seems a little cruel!
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 03:43:41 AM »

Great news! PM sent. Smiley

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 08:34:39 AM »

Can we add only finished games, or are WiPs okay? It should be mentioned somewhere in the submission rules, too.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
AzraelKans
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 08:48:33 PM »

I already sent our game there, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

p.s. To be honest Im not entirely sure what kind of games they are looking for either.  Giggle

Programmer/Community guy for Xibalba Studios www.xibalbastudios.com creators of www.militantgame.com, www.icebreakers-game.com and www.icebreakersmini.com
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic