Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 07:45:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessQuestions about the iOs Developer Program
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Questions about the iOs Developer Program  (Read 1530 times)
Supermini_man
« on: August 23, 2011, 01:54:30 PM »

I'm thinking getting a iOs Developer Account, but I've some questions that I can't find the answer anywhere:

1- I'm a minor, so I'll publish on one of my parents' account. However the bank account to receive the payments can be mine or it must be from one of my parents?

2- I've a "pseudo-company" (Satelite Play), it's "pseudo" because it's not registered. I'll register as an individual, however there's a camp for the individual's company. Can I put my "pseudo-company" on the company camp, or unless I put one of my parent's name in there I've to do a LCC?

Thanks on advance!
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 02:59:42 PM »

Hi there. It was a while ago that I signed up for my developer account, so I can't quite remember exactly.

1 - I don't *think* the bank account for payments needs to be in the same name as the developer.

2 - Regarding the company name, I'm not sure that field makes much difference. It won't affect how your game appears in the App Store, and I assume it would only really make a difference to how they address letters sent to you. I'm pretty sure you can leave it blank, which would probably be the simplest option in your case Smiley

Hope that helps. If anyone has any better advice feel free to correct me (like I say, it was a while ago when I did this!)

Supermini_man
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 03:25:07 PM »

Very useful info, thanks! Smiley
Bryant
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 04:07:28 PM »

In Canada (and I think this is true in the US, as well) there's a distinction between Sole Proprietorships and Incorporations. In order to register for a developer account as a company you need to officially incorporate and send in copies of that paperwork. Registering as an individual implies that you're running a sole proprietorship.

You can implicitly form a sole proprietorship (meaning you don't have to fill out any official paperwork) if you run your "company" under your name. If your name was Joe Smith, for instance, the name of your sole proprietorship would also be Joe Smith.

If you want to run a sole proprietorship under any other name (Satellite Play, for example) you have to register that name with the government (in BC it costs around $30-$40 to do that). So only fill out the "company" field if you've officially registered the name of your sole proprietorship with the government (again, this is for Canada, but I think the laws are pretty similar in the US).

Hopefully that wasn't too confusing Shocked Smiley

Supermini_man
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 03:24:30 AM »

Don't worry it wasn't confusing. Wink
I don't know what are the rules for Portugal, but I will play it safe and just put one of my parent's name on it with a link to my blog. Maybe next time I'll do a LCC for my company.
Thanks. Smiley
SaturnineGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 07:40:55 AM »

I'll confirm what Bryant said for the US. I just recently registered as a company, and Apple requested that I fax them the business registration or other legal documentation proving the company is registered.

Facebook
Twitter: @SaturnineGames
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic