Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411663 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 04:48:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesSkullgirls
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: Skullgirls  (Read 54606 times)
shig
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2011, 05:36:48 PM »

I don't know if you are being serious or not so I'll act like you are being serious.

i happened to make a few dumb typos - i like "dargonmaw", tho - but i was serious.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2011, 06:52:53 PM »

I googled a bit but couldn't find it. Back when Gauntlet Legends was released for the N64 / Gamecube there was a print ad in Nintendo Power to the effect of "Gauntlet is back! Kill monsters! Find treasure! But one of you still has to play as the chick."

I am pretty sure it was an official advertisement.

nintendo power doesn't have ads, at least it didn't when i was a subscriber in the 90s

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2011, 02:56:17 AM »

Nintendo Power started placing ads in the late 90s, early 2000s.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2011, 03:36:38 AM »

Nintendo doesn't have ads because it already is an ad.

Or at least the German equivalent of NP was when it still existed.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2011, 08:37:22 AM »

yeah the entire magazine was kind of an ad for nintendo games (they even scored nintendo-first party games higher than all other games, on average)

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2011, 09:38:01 AM »

nintendo power doesn't have ads, at least it didn't when i was a subscriber in the 90s

At some point Nintendo Power had financial issues because it wasn't popular enough and Nintendo didn't really care about it. Like most magazines, NP got a severe blow to the wallet when Internet started being easily accessible. NP editors shifted the direction of the magazine toward what it is today: more reports and short "thumbs-up thumbs-down" reviews, less in-depth reviews and strategies. One of the first steps down that road was to add publicity for games released on Nintendo consoles.

On topic: Skullgirls looks pretty sexy slick. I'm keeping an eye out on this one. Gentleman

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2011, 04:25:20 PM »

yeah the entire magazine was kind of an ad for nintendo games (they even scored nintendo-first party games higher than all other games, on average)
Nintendo game score higher on average everywhere, not sure it's a proof

shig
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2011, 06:34:46 PM »

hey look

http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky/b/288824328

there are many hours of footage of the game being played but i couldn't be arsed to watch everything
I did however hear mike z say that the custom assists will only accept normals from now on, because supers on custom assists were pretty broken.

also this is old news but still pretty cool:

shig
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2011, 04:34:33 AM »

hey a thing
http://www.g4tv.com/videos/53860/skullgirls-gameplay-and-character-preview/#video-53662l

there are like 3 seconds of parasoul gameplay footage here. unfinished
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2011, 10:54:21 AM »

The creator Mike Z and other staff on the game occasionally hits up with people on the SRK forum thread and answer their questions.
gomick
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2011, 01:38:27 AM »

cool game Wink
shig
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2011, 06:22:56 AM »

I did however hear mike z say that the custom assists will only accept normals from now on, because supers on custom assists were pretty broken.
small correction: normals and specials are in for custom assists, but you can't do anything that takes meter.

Here:
http://revergelabs.com/2011/08/complete-evo-panel-footage/

starting on the third video(5 mins in) they give a pretty good overview of Parasoul
they changed her tears tho. In that video they just stand around and have to be activated by fire. in the most recent build they stay for more or less one second and then explode by themselves

the first two videos show a few new things but are mostly just the same stuff you see in every interview. the crowd's reaction to peacock's lv3 hyper makes me warm and fuzzy inside tho C:
kenesque
Level 1

mover of pixels

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2011, 09:51:18 PM »

It's cool to see this game get good coverage. I love seeing people I used to work with succeed :D
halk3n
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2011, 03:21:11 AM »

Am I sucking or does this game look extremely balanced? I've been waiting for someone (other than Sirlin) to get down into the nitty gritty of what is largely ignored in tuning/tweaking Vs. Fighting games.

I think these guys might actually get it.
AshfordPride
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2011, 04:42:19 PM »

I'm absolutely garbage at any game that requires you to coordinate assists or tag out with another character.  Seeing how there's always four people on the screen in these videos, I guess I'm going to suck total shit at Skullgirls. 
shig
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2011, 04:56:49 PM »

you can play as a single character yknow
AshfordPride
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2011, 05:05:59 PM »

I didn't actually.  I thought that characters were only being played one at a time to either showcase them in demos or to compensate for the fact that the roster was only two characters at the time of the demo.

Interesting, that's probably what I'll end up doing.  Even if playing with two characters is infinitely more versatile. 
shig
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2011, 05:11:13 PM »

Yeah you can, and obviously the less characters you have the more powerful they are.
Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

Working on unannouned fighting game.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2011, 06:27:38 PM »

Something about the shading on the characters irks me, I couldn't tell you what.

Toucantastic.
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2011, 07:25:50 PM »

Must be the whole 3d shading effect for 2d characters thing.
Either way someone leak the full playable cast, by that I mean they leak their standing frame.
Not like most of the cast of the game was really hidden, the artist had pump out art of them on his DA gallery, did any one post his DA gallery link here?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic