Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411581 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 06:19:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMasjin [Updates!]
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28
Print
Author Topic: Masjin [Updates!]  (Read 95946 times)
shojin
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: July 26, 2011, 08:50:13 AM »

I demand dedicated server support, so people can host unlimited "Score" based matches, where the deathmatch never ends. :D

sonicblastoise
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: July 26, 2011, 10:37:16 AM »

I demand dedicated server support, so people can host unlimited "Score" based matches, where the deathmatch never ends. :D

This would be awesome!
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 26, 2011, 09:32:05 PM »

hopefully the fix is to make a separate list of domination lines for those who some how TK enough people in a row with out getting killed/banned/kicked.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: July 27, 2011, 01:30:19 AM »

"Killer92 is a frickin' jerk!"

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: July 27, 2011, 01:46:27 AM »

Until the entire map gets dug out.
GLaDOS
Level 0

I am still alive!

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 27, 2011, 12:57:55 PM »

as we were talking about it in game, to get a game on steam follow this link
http://www.steampowered.com/steamworks/FAQ.php

Edit: Ideas
Choice of team balance(maybe just for sandbox)
choice of respawn time + different for suicide/team kill
spies with spy id look like the class of the person they are disguised as?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 01:09:17 PM by GLaDOS » Logged
shojin
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: July 27, 2011, 01:13:52 PM »

Please submit this game to steam. That'd be amazing!

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: July 27, 2011, 01:16:03 PM »

It would be awesome if this got on Steam.

I'd say it needs some more polish(effects/transitions/sfx), and a thorough tutorial/this-is-how-you-play-the-game before you try to submit it, though.

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: July 27, 2011, 01:17:25 PM »

I agree that the game is very bare-bones and would need more polish to be submit-worthy. I'll look at that link, though, seems interesting!

EDIT: Seems though that Steam required their SDK integrated to whatever game submitted, so I guess that's a no anyway.

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: July 27, 2011, 01:50:11 PM »

Not for submission.
If your game gets approved then they give you the SDK to use.

What's the problem there?

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: July 27, 2011, 01:53:43 PM »

Not for submission.
If your game gets approved then they give you the SDK to use.

What's the problem there?

I can't integrate it since the game wasn't coded using a programming language.

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: July 27, 2011, 03:41:49 PM »

You're using MMF2, right?

Nifflas' Saira is up on Steam, and it seems to have been made in MMF2. Dunno if the Steam TOS changed since then, but Nifflas claimed that he wasn't required to integrate Steamworks.

Edit: Faerie Solitaire was also made in MMF2, and has Steam achievements. The devs apparently already made an extension to interface with the Steam API. So Steamworks integration is a solved problem, depending on how friendly the devs are. SmileyHand Thumbs Up Right
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:27:31 AM by Noyb » Logged

nahkranoth
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 28, 2011, 07:26:56 AM »

What a suprice.
I came back from a three week road trip through Europe and Masjin is finished.
I'm verry happy! You did a great job. (i donated some money to)
GLaDOS
Level 0

I am still alive!

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 28, 2011, 09:08:22 AM »

noticed a bug in the profile creation. It says 10 or fewer letters but if you put in 10 the ok box or whatever it says gets effectively greyed out so you can only have a 9 letter name.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: July 28, 2011, 02:01:36 PM »

noticed a bug in the profile creation. It says 10 or fewer letters but if you put in 10 the ok box or whatever it says gets effectively greyed out so you can only have a 9 letter name.

Huh. Gotta fix that.

Next week I'll try to get done an update with one more (!) item and a test for a new gamemode (!!). Thanks for Vauat for the suggestions - it's basically a race to gather ore. I'm not sure if it'll work, but we'll see!

Also I need to fix a certain really annoying bug in mines/turrets, where their 'owner' isn't transmitted to new players, thus leading the killing message look like "Idiot was killed by !" I've silently thought about letting this bug slide as too small to care about, but a couple days ago this nameless character actually got on a killing spree due to the bugged deaths! Woop.

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: July 29, 2011, 11:20:45 AM »

Whoa, this dude called Steelkenny made a really neat fanmade trailer for Masjin:

I'm working on the update, expect it to appear later today.

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: July 29, 2011, 01:38:13 PM »

Version 1.4 is out (urgh)! Changelog:
  • New item, the mucous grenade (I actually misspelled that one but it kind of fits, still). It slows people down; mainly created against the speed+ chip.
  • Speed+ chip has been returned back to its former glory due to player feedback.
  • The mines now remember who put them down, so there should be no more 'killed by !' -messages on that part. There's still the same bug with some other weapons, though.
  • New gamemode, 'Ore race'! I fear this may be magnificently boring, but I kind of like the idea so we'll see what happens! The idea is to collect all the ore. As an interesting sidenote, I haven't tested if it's winnable, derp.
  • Some small bugfixes.
  • More domination lines; 5 in total. Some people are really good at this game, huh. Undecided
  • You can see every player's skill streak in the in-game status window.

FULL VERSION 1.4b GET!

EDIT: Had to update to 1.4b because there were several stupid bugs. Should work better now!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 02:31:34 PM by Hempuli‽ » Logged

sonicblastoise
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: July 29, 2011, 02:12:07 PM »

Hempuli, I'm glad that you're still working on this. I also noticed you're the dev of FallOver! which was one of the few indie games I actually was intrigued enough to find and play on my own.

Anyway, back on topic, I love that you're still improving and adding to it, but in my time zone, no one seems to be playing too much. If there was a way to set up a persistent server, it might be easier for "organic" games to happen.

I dunno. I'm just nagging. I would really like to play this game with friends, and none of my friends have picked it up. Sad
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: July 29, 2011, 02:33:45 PM »

Hempuli, I'm glad that you're still working on this. I also noticed you're the dev of FallOver! which was one of the few indie games I actually was intrigued enough to find and play on my own.

Anyway, back on topic, I love that you're still improving and adding to it, but in my time zone, no one seems to be playing too much. If there was a way to set up a persistent server, it might be easier for "organic" games to happen.

I dunno. I'm just nagging. I would really like to play this game with friends, and none of my friends have picked it up. Sad

Yeah, this is a bit of a problem. I can't do much about it, though, especially since the longer the games continue, the more prone they are to bugs; short games are best for my crappy code.

lapinrieska
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 30, 2011, 10:39:34 AM »

Suggestions:
Nerf the missiles: if you can kill someone instantly from across the map, I'd call it unfair.
Classic mode: a mode for those who want to play with engineers and have 2 planes and a helicopter ready in base.
Dump the newest level design: It's horrible.
The plane should be a little bit less pricey.

Otherwise I would call it finished. Great job nerffing the turrets btw.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic