Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 10:19:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingStreetRally: online racing game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: StreetRally: online racing game  (Read 1403 times)
Arts
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 28, 2011, 03:56:30 AM »

Hellooo everyone!

I would like to introduce to you a new online racing game called StreetRally. The gameplay is similar to Need for Speed, there you
choose a car, upgrade and pimp it up, race on different tracks to unlock hidden bonuses and build your racing career. Game is built in Flash and isometric
2d graphics (fake 3d). We have developed it for 5 months now and hoping to release full version in couple of weeks. Its our first try in game development and been really fun.

Some screenshots:

Game trailer:

What we have at the moment: career mode , car updating/customizing, different maps/tracks, friend challenging, trophies
What are we missing or are our current challenges: proper gameflow, car handling (handling should improve when you upgrade parts etc), sounds, cash rewarding/spending algorithm (how much you get for wins and how much you spend on car parts etc).

Would like to get any feedback, suggestions, tips and ideas from you guys!

NB! this game is a Facebook game so you need to have a Facebook account! (other platforms will be released later)
If you don't have an account, please just make one to take a look at our game Smiley I am sure its worth it Tongue

Game link (development stage): http://apps.facebook.com/streetdev  (its a live development platform, so bugs are expected)
Game homepage (development blog, update list etc): http://www.streetrally.com

We have also done our first user testing and got a lot of useful feedback, you can read more about it here:
http://www.streetrally.com/news/14/how-we-got-back-on-track

Thanks,
Artur

Developing an online racing game StreetRally
flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 08:24:55 AM »

This game is very exciting! I would avoid to cite Need for Speed, I think this generates too high expectations: from my point of view it's better to give something beyond the expectation, not below (but it's only my opinion). Congratulations!

Arts
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 10:37:19 AM »

Hey Yajo,

Mentioned that the gameplay is similar to NFS but the graphics is 2D;) But you do have a point there! Thanks

Arts
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 10:09:27 PM »

Hey,

Posted a new video on Youtube. Take a look, you will get a better view of the gameplay.

And please don't forget to give feedback Wink

Arts

Arts
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 03:28:34 AM »

Hey Guys!

We have a new verions of our StreetRally game up. Would love to get some feedback from you guys. We are still in Beta but I can assure you that its much more fun than the previous version. Check it out at www.streetrally.com and please share you ideas/feedback.

Thanks!

davidp
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 06:02:08 AM »

oh my god, this is the most polished game i've seen on facebook so far Smiley really awesome stuff Smiley good job, keep it up!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic