Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411560 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 02:14:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs(WII U/OUYA/PC/MAC) Super Ubie Land
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: (WII U/OUYA/PC/MAC) Super Ubie Land  (Read 10300 times)
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 04:08:07 PM »

I can't stop thinking Super Ubisoft Land when I see the title.
It's wired too deep into my brain Grin

The game looks awesome and I can really hear the Animal Crossing influence in the music, love it!
After watching some of the gameplay, it just makes me happy for some reason, the music, the sound effects, the graphics, it has an awesome feel to it :D
A lot of the sounds do sound like they're from Super Mario though, are they?

I think a lot of people will think this is ubisoft something, though.
Unless it has to be Ubi specifically I'd at least consider switching to Ubee or Yubi, Ubo etc. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 04:14:24 PM by Seiseki » Logged

Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 05:19:25 AM »

Thanks Gianmichele, KopanoGS and Seiseki.

@gianmichele I think only drew can answer the cross-compatibility with hmtl5 thing!

@Seiseki - there are no sounds from Super Mario in there. But the fact that you say this indicates that there are some that sound very similar. I suspect the most similar one is the 'card get' sound. I think we are replacing those cards with these kind of space capsules so the sound will be changing. It's a tricky one with the similarities to mario - I think with the music has taken itself slightly away from its influences but yes. It's difficult to envisage some kind of suitable sound that isn't part of the canon of platformer SFX! haha but things are changing every day really so hopefully the SM-like sounds won't be a problem anymore.

appreciate your words about the music though, at the moment it is my baby!

This is (not a direct) sequel from the first game we made Up Up Ubi, in theory we could change his name to get away from the ubisoft stuff but I think it'd kinda mess with the character.

Thanks for checking out our progress so far : ) Should have some new music to show people soon.

NotionGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2012, 08:52:33 AM »

This looks really nice, congratulations.

I have a question: how are you going to deploy it to mobile, pc mac and ouya? I've read that you're using Construct 2 (so HTML5).

Thanks,

Gian

Thanks Smiley

We're using Construct 2 which is a 2d game engine that has plenty of export options. Windows 8, exe, android, ios, etc.

Currently there are still issues with performance on mobile but hopefully that'll all be worked out as construct 2 is developed.

Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 05:50:30 AM »

Here is a new track I finished up for Super Ubi Land:

http://soundcloud.com/calumbowen/super-ubi-land-midnight-lake

It started off as a kind of "dire dire docks" track for a more chilled out watery level but evolved into this kinda wub-waltz chill orchestral thing... : ) I like it. One thought - the extreme panning of the opening would be little distracting in game? Agree/disagree?

NotionGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2012, 01:41:36 PM »

Ok I need your opinion(s). In Super Ubi Land, you will have the option to help out the Queen of Climate Island. You will collect her lost children throughout the land in various levels and bring them back to her to get rewards like keys to unlock certain levels.
I'm trying to decide whether to go with the character 'Mama Fly' or 'Honey Bee.'
Which character should make the cut?

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2012, 04:45:16 PM »

Definatly "Honey Bee". Cut "Mama Fly" off Wink

HernanZh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 12:35:15 AM »

I agree, Honey Bee > Mama Fly! Cheesy

Swaggermuffin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 09:01:59 AM »

Honey Bee. But call her Honey Mama.

or just stick with Honey Bee I guess

Very hype about this. It's great to see that the OUYA's getting support.
NotionGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2012, 06:37:55 PM »

Thanks guys   Smiley

I've decided to go with Honey Bee thanks to your input!

Began working on her Lair today - this will be where you go to return the children you've found so far in exchange for Keys to unlock the locked levels.

And here a video showing my progress of the lair in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uNGu2N5qf0&feature=youtu.be

NotionGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2012, 11:52:16 PM »

I have submitted Super Ubi Land to IGF. The game is still heavily in the works but I hope that it can get some sort of recognition from this. If not, ah well... was worth a shot.

I created a new trailer for the IGF submission. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hQbcmuM46E&feature=youtu.be

Maverick Denizen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2012, 01:20:49 AM »

Dear god, I totally fell in love with the game's music!  Roll Eyes

Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2012, 06:59:13 AM »

ah thank you maverick! It's kinda my life at the moment! Lots left to do. There's also some potentially very exciting news on the remix front of the OST but everything is potential right now. After slaving away at solidifying the early levels for the IGF entry and showing the game at SXSW's Game On Austin, I think we'll have some updates and assest pretty soon - been working on the snow world quite a bit!

NotionGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2012, 12:24:13 AM »

I just had a talk with one of the Nintendo Wii U eShop recruiters and he really liked Super Ubi Land. So Notion is now able to develop for the Wii U but the only problem is that we need to raise 3 grand to buy one of the dev kits!

I'm planning on starting a kickstarter sometime in Feb for it but til then, I have dedicated a page on my website for any donations towards the dev kit.

There are tiers similar to what would be on KICKSTARTER... it's just not through KICKSTARTER.

http://notiongames.com/?page_id=1542

Thanks Smiley

Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2012, 07:02:34 AM »

https://soundcloud.com/calumbowen/super-ubi-land-frost-fandango

Some snowy music just in time for christmas. No sleigh bells though. : )

NotionGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2013, 11:55:53 AM »

Snow World Gameplay Footage:

Some gameplay footage to give context to the music posted above.

The snow world is the third world out of possibly five so it's fairly difficult at the moment. Wall-jumping has become a big part of traversing the levels. You can also see some of the bonus areas in this video.

Thoughts? Feedback? How do you approach snow levels in platformers? So far no penguins...

Calum

NotionGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 10:37:44 AM »

The story in Super Ubi Land will be told in children's book style illustrations.

NotionGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2013, 05:04:35 PM »

NotionGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 05:16:17 PM »

Maestro Interactive is bringing over Super Ubi Land to the Wii U. They will be handling the porting to Unity. Maestro includes an ex Retro Studios dev who worked on Donkey Kong Country Returns.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/01/maestro_interactive_games_bringing_super_ubi_land_to_wii_u_eshop

I'm on my last 3 months of development on the game. hope people will enjoy it when it comes out for PC, Mac, Linux and Wii U Smiley

Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2013, 04:40:29 PM »

BONUS LEVEL MUSIC

https://soundcloud.com/calumbowen/super-ubi-land-bonus-boogie

This is the chirpiest stuff I've ever written! ^^

Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2013, 04:42:51 AM »

We've got a kickstarter guys!

As part of the Super Ubi Land kickstarter, I've put together a 9-track EP of some of my favourite tracks from the OST so far (including 3 unreleased secret tracks!) There's also piano sheet music inside and a little thank you pdf! The EP is available in any of the reward bundles over 10$.

Click Here to go to the Super Ubi Land Kickstarter page and see a whole bunch of new gameplay footage

Tracklist:

1. Main Theme
2. Bonus Boogie
3. Midnight Lake
4. March of The Green Lands
5. Frost Fandango
6. Shop Theme
7. ? ? ?
8. ? ? ?
9. ? ? ?

You can stream tracks 1-6 on soundcloud right now

This soundtrack has been (and will continue to be) my baby for the past 8 months so I really hope those who are interested enjoy it.

I also received a video of my main theme piano arrangement from Zackery Wilson in the mail! It gave me serious chills:

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic