Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411581 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 09:34:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)XCODE - Enabling the console in a non-console application
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: XCODE - Enabling the console in a non-console application  (Read 4187 times)
dspencer
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: August 10, 2009, 02:30:19 PM »

Hi,

I'm just getting started with xcode, and I was wondering if theres any way to turn ON the console in a graphical application that wouldn't normally use it. I need it for std::cout for debugging! Ahh! I've googled myself away but can't find anything, and trying to copy a project that does have the terminal isn't helping.

Thanks!

John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 02:37:17 PM »

The console is a window in XCode. Somewhere under the debug menu, I believe. I'm not sure whether it is compatible with std::cout, but I've used it with NSLog a bunch.
dspencer
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 02:39:09 PM »

But that doesnt work when you run it from outside of xcode... like, the terminal, or another computer. Which is, incidentally, where the program isnt working  Big Laff

John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 02:41:24 PM »

Well, have you tried... running the program from your console? You know, something like:

$ appname.app/Contents/MacOS/appname
hello world
dspencer
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 02:42:40 PM »

Yes. No output made it to the terminal window.

Ahh, it goes to the *console* not the terminal that you open it in. Bah. Is there any way to direct it to just the terminal you use?

John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 02:44:01 PM »

And this is a shot in the dark, but are you using SDL? SDL does funky stuff with standard out.
dspencer
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 02:49:13 PM »

... Yes. Boo to that.

Sorry if I seemed snippy by the way, I've been trying to figure this out since I got this computer, basically. Thank you for your help Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic