Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 01:13:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsUntitled Shmup/RPG
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Untitled Shmup/RPG  (Read 939 times)
Rasher
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2011, 10:34:39 AM »

Untitled Game

<Untitled Game> will be a Shoot 'em up/A-RPG hybrid. While playing through randomized levels, you will find scraps to craft new items, that can improve your ship. Different kinds of weapons/armor and skills, combined with random item drops, will make you want to hunt even more. You don't like playing alone? Play with 1 - 3 friends cooperatively and possibly fight unique bosses. Leveling up will grant you skills points, which can be used on different skill trees.

Randomized Levels
They will be randomized to a certain degree, including enemies. Most likely similar to the way Diablo handles it, but with more variety and events.

Crafting
Enemies won't drop items directly, but metal scraps/ores instead. After completing a level, you can mix those ingredients (1-x at a time) and see what the result will be. The results will also be random. If you dont like the possible result, you can try to dismantle the item for it's scraps again, having a chance to break some materials while doing so.

Day 1:

Most of the time was spent cleaning up and deleting unnecessary stuff from my last project. To speed things up, I took some placeholder-sprites from google and later started working on some new code to handle weapons and bullets. Nothing to show off yet.

Day 2:

Today I've implemented some basic UI stuff, like an inventory, hp bars and a simple chat.
I decided to skip all network-related stuff for now and try getting the singleplayer to work first. Otherwise I would probably lose my motivation too fast.

Inventory prototype:

Tomorrow's target will be beam-weapons and maybe some stats/skills.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 01:24:14 PM »

There's nothing wrong with using placeholder art, but if you are going to show things off you probably shouldn't use other peoples art as placeholders. When I glanced at the screenshot I thought this was a new game by Wiebo as you are using his Trapped graphics for your ship. It wasn't until I read the part where you said the graphics are ripped from Google that I realised it has nothing to do with him.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic