Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411712 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 06:30:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingInverto (Gravitron)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Inverto (Gravitron)  (Read 2658 times)
ruudk
Level 0

Dev on Sinner's Sorrow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 03:56:48 AM »

Yeah, marketing takes up a lot of time. It's not even a case anymore to just throw a wad of cash to it (if you'd have the luxury), but it takes a lot of time, consistent effort and also things like honesty and authenticity to get something of a presence on the torrents of social media and the likes. I can see the development of a game slow down tremendously if a person solo or a small team of 2 chooses to invest time on marketing (which they should of course). So it's important to think ahead and see where a lull in development might occur because of the inherent development process and then use that available time on stuff like marketing to get a strong foundation rolling and then consistently nudge it further and further. And, even more so, with limited time it becomes more a case of smart marketing, choosing your targets and setting your goals accurately within the limits of your resources. But well, easier said than done.

Developing Sinner's Sorrow, a 2D action adventure game.
8Points
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 10:15:40 AM »

I couldn't get past those long jumps. Because I have to use WASD in the air to move farther, when I change gravity to be on the ceiling and my camera changes where I'm looking, I have to change which key I'm pressing at what seems to be a very specific moment or else I fall into a pit and die. Which is what usually happens.

I feel like you can't change the direction the camera is pointed when gravity changes. I was incredibly disoriented whenever I had to move and change gravity at the same time. And maybe that's the aesthetic you're going for, which is cool, but not for me.

Maybe having a body to look down at would help?

Anyway, I did enjoy messing around with gravity and I wanted to keep playing but just couldn't get a hold of it.
defaxer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2013, 11:26:16 AM »

In some rare cases, character can rotate "over his head"(lets say right local axis) rather then "around right shoulder"(forward axis) and still haven't figured out a decent solution for that.
Most of the puzzles use "in air" gravity changes because some "static" puzzles(when you stand and change gravity) can be solved more easily when running. That's why at some point I decided to more use movement inertia of player. Some users said that this is one of the simplest levels once you know how to move.
Right now I'm focusing more on adding more exploration experience to the levels. Key, key cards, locked doors, secret rooms and different direction of travel. We'll see how it will turn out.

EaglEye
Level 0

Belgian Gamer and Youtuber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2013, 11:28:21 PM »

I made a first look of the game in my indie series 'Indie Spotted'. Hope you enjoy Smiley

Indie youtuber looking at new and upcoming Indie games. Being informative and entertaining at the same time
MY YOUTUBE - MY WEBSITE
Holts
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2013, 02:01:41 AM »

Hello, I played the first three levels and figured I could leave my feedback.

The core mechanic is quite nice but its slow. On its own I don,t think its worth money but as part of something bigger, for example your interesting graphics it could become a good experience.

I would absolutely add a goal or a hook to motivate the player to keep playing.
defaxer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2013, 12:54:17 PM »

This is definitely Not a final version of the game. Game has a story, and will feature more complex goal than just "reach to the other side". It's alpha version that is more focused on puzzles than other things. It definitely lacks some serious game aspects, but even now it has some things to show, I think. Anyway, work is far from done, I'm still adding to it. 

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic